“Great Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Sushi here was very tasty! Price is descent. I paid about 35 for 2 bento boxes and 1 specialty sushi which was great!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

ordered the sashimi, 15 piece and was not disappointed.. so fresh and service was pretty good as well

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I spent the night in Hoboken. We chose Illuzion based on the good reviews from Tripadvisor. We first stopped at a liqour store nearby to pick up a bottle of Saki to bring with us, because it is BYOB. When you enter the restaurant just bring your saki or wine with you in the bag. The waitress will take it and ask you if you want it cold or hott. The service was perfect. They didn't rush you. Our waitress waited for us to finish our soup before they brought the appetizer. Once we finished our appetizer the sushi came next. It was timed very well. We sat and sipped sake once our meal was done. We had a great time. From there we walked down Washington St. and went to a few other pubs. I highly recommend this restuarant for their Sushi and Service!

Reviewed 22 September 2012

There are a bunch of sushi places in Hoboken, but I keep finding myself returning to Illuzion because it's staff is excellent and the sushi--well, quite frankly, it is extraordinary. They consistently have the freshest fish in town and their sushi chefs cut extremely generous portions. They receive fresh fish flown in from a Japanese market every day. While that order might cost just a little bit more, if you are a sushi-lover, it's well worth the price.

Oh yeah, heads up--it's also BYOB.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

The service is very good. The staff are all friendly. The sushi and , in my case sashimi can be spectacular. I go off the beaten path when it comes to choices. I have eaten sushi since I am very youg man as my father was a GI stationed in Japan during Korean Conflict. I have certainly eaten in finest japanese restaurants in New York City last 40 years. To find a local place like this is extraordinary. I am also a chef with 35 years in a kitchen. Truly a local gem and really not fake or wannabe.