“Good food, long lineup”

Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Hoboken
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The desserts were very good. The kids really enjoyed seeing the place. They watch the Cake Boss religiously.

The lineups are very long. Almost 3 hours from the time you get in line until you walk out with food. You can even wait up to an hour once you get inside the bakery.

So try to get there early in the morning to avoid the lineup.

1  Thank PD2000
Write a ReviewReviews (2,224)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I wouldn't wait more than a half hour to get in. It's unlikely that you'll see anyone from the show.

The wedding cookies are spot on and the rugalah is better than average. It seems that no one including Buddy can make canollis like they did in the old days (creamier, more ricotta like). the biggest disappointment was that they didn't have pignoles. What? No pignoles in an Italian bakery?

In what was once no doubt a charming little bakery with a well deserved and loyal following, there is now a highly commercialized front for a baking factory.

5  Thank dfking
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I waited about 45 minutes on a Saturday night to get into the bakery, but it was worth it. The line could be more organized, but if it were then the bakery would feel more like a tourist attraction than a working local bakery, and I prefer the latter. If you want the tourist attraction, then go to the location on Times Square - this is the real thing!! Staff was very friendly even at the end of the work day, and the prices weren't outrageous ($3 for a cannoli). I would also highly recommend their wonderful black and white cookies. Staff will even let you cross the rope and take a picture at the table Buddy sits when meeting with customers. Well worth the trip to Hoboken.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

If Buddy wasn't on TV, this bakery would be just like any other. Brushing off my husband's derision, I queued up with everyone else (maybe I was lucky but it was about 9am on a Sunday and there were only about 20 people in front of me) for the honour of entering a cake shop...I have to laugh myself! Once in, you have a ticket and time to look around and crane your neck to see what's on offer in the glass cabinets. I chose a brownie, individual cheesecake and a crumb cake and although I have the sweetest tooth in town, I can honestly say that I found everything a bit too sweet and this has never happened to me before! However, I'm still glad I did it as I it was a strange feeling to be standing in a place that I've seen in hundreds of episodes of the Cake Boss series. Btw, we took our cakes and sat in a park right next to the river and had a wonderful view of NY from Hoboken (we got there in about 20 minutes using the Path railway).

1  Thank cakewithaview
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have been a big fan of the show. I gave to trip there just to buy few cakes and took some pictures. However, I was very disappointed. Their cakes are far too sweet and really have nothing special. I still think the taste is more important than the look for cake.