“Terrible service... Food is blah”
Review of The Clinton Social

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th Street
Transit: 9th Street/Congress Light Rail Stop
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Terrible service... Food is blah”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I end up at the bar quite often due to its convenient location. They food has been bad since it reopened after Sandy. The bar service is slow and unless your seated at the bar, getting a drink can be quite painful. Every time I end up here, I remember how annoying this place is

2 Thank Tim W

Hoboken, New Jersey
“I wish I could say its great, but I can't :-(”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is my local so you can understand why I'd want to give them a fantastic review. Its conveniently located to my apartment and the bus stop (happy hour!) and the bar is amazing - but ever since Sandy, the food here is just ok. Nothing is great. Some stuff is actually terrible. I used to crave their hummus platter, now its chipotle flaovered and comes with whole weat pitas. YUCK. Their nachos are awful. The dumplings in the french onion soup appetizer are always rubbery and under cooked. The fish actually tastes like it was frozen. Nothing tastes fresh, nothing is new or interesting. Which I find so funny since Madisons is known for their great food. Maybe Dave should send a chef over to Clinton Social for some training.

I do have to compliment the staff however. Wait staff are fast and efficient. Bar staff are friendly and great at their jobs. The manager, Jessie, is really trying to turn things around. But they need to start with the kitchen and then everything else would fall into place.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank EG509
New York City, New York
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Good neighbourhood bar- Tom is a stellar bartender! He is friendly, attentive & makes good drinks. Will be back.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank BJK1977
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great neighborhood bar and restaurant”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Perfect place for locals. Great staff, great service. The food is quite good too. We go here quite often as we live in this neighborhood. Far from the bustle of Washington street.

Their nachos are pretty good and they have drink specials weekdays. Its also a great place to watch games. But you can find days when it is quiet enough to grab a drink with your friends. I think this place is back with a bang post-Sandy!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank viks0004
New York City, New York
“Another Delightful Dinner”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy this place. The prices are reasonable, the staff is somewhat young and and inexperienced but make up for that with enthusiasm, and the food is quite good. Had my usual pork chop dinner while my wife had her usual veal Milanese. The wine list has some good values as well. While I know this place is off the beaten path I can't understand why this place isn't more popular.

2 Thank rexh