“Authentic”

Ranked #31 of 300 Restaurants in Hoboken
Cuisines: Italian
“Authentic”
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Amazing, homemade food that you would have at your Italian best friends grandmothers house. Best sandwiches. Different specials every day. Great variety, great food. Amazing.

• Visited June 2013

Singapore, null, Singapore
“worth a detour for this place, proper food”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

order the soprano and you won't be disappointed, seriously tasty fresh "mutz" and a good serving of meat. not for the faint hearted but they cater to all needs and I will go back at the next opportunity I have..

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Chris C
Maryland,US
“Wow, mutz is it.”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My buddy and I found a parking place on Washington st in Hoboken. How lucky was that. It was in front of Vitos. Double luck.

It has everything an italian deli should have. Only it's better than any deli that I'm used to. With the number of food choices I panicked (no kidding, it is small place and there were too many choices for my small brain) and ordered the Vito super hero with mutz.
It was the top selection on the chalkboard menu.

Btw, Mutz is mozzarella.

Lucky they only asked if I wanted sweet or hot peppers. Sweet for me. Well, we ate outside at their table. My buddy got a cuban of some sort that he just devoured. My hero had the ham, salami, tomatoes and veggies, oil etc but the slice (chunk?) of mutz was what sent it over the top.

Next time, and there will be a next time, I'm gonna slowly decide what I want. Actually, I am thinking about it now and can't decide.

Visited May 2013
Mahwah, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Step into Italia right here in Hoboken. Wonderful, rich textures and smells. Your mouth will water with all the specialties of the house. Just walk right in from the main street --- Washington Street --- and you can take a little trip to Italy in minutes. You must stop by and order your favorite sandwhich from the deli or take out an Italian classic for dinner. We stop by every time we visit our daughter --- who lives nearby. And, it is worth it every time. Great service, too!

• Visited January 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
“many great dishes”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Its great to go to Vito's because they have specials that are new and for a great traditional Italian deli with all the classics they will also have some very high end combos that are delish.
Really always consistently good food, fast service, good variety...and usually a line but it moves fast!

• Visited December 2012

Been to Vitos Deli? Share your experiences!