“Constant craving for apple strudel!”
Review of Old German Bakery

Old German Bakery
Ranked #2 of 11 Dessert in Hoboken
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to stop in here after passing by many many times to buy some pastries for my mother in law who lived in Germany for a few months. The owner was super knowledgeable, friendly and helpful! He gave us a run down of all the items that he had and spoke with us about our travels to Germany as well.

We bought a little bit of everything to try at home- it was all super fresh, and excellent. My favorite was the apple turnover/strudel. I cannot pass this place and not salivate at the thought of it. We didn't have coffee - but after reading the reviews on here I will definitely have to try it!!

2  Thank 311nikip

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped here with mom for coffee and a pastry ! Delicious ! I will be coming here regularly when I visits son at college- fresh ground coffee beans and delicious hazelnut pastry and little donuts!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This place makes a good sandwich and has delicious pastries. The coffee was fresh and delicious. Service was great!

The only downside is that there is not many places to sit, so it is mostly take away.

1  Thank jennac_9
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

It is such a wonderful place. Delicious coffe and food. And a very special attention. Don't miss it!

1  Thank Gabriela P
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stopped by after exploring Hoboken. Delicious bakery items! Will stop here again if ever in Hoboken. Of course there is a famous bakery in town but you can avoid the long lines and enjoy the delicious German pastries at this bakery. You won't regret it.