“Relaxing and good food”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After some negative experiences with other Hoboken restaurants, this is a safe-haven for good food, good atmosphere, good service and such. I have been here several times. The bar is a good quick place to eat, and the Sangrias are amazing if that is your thing or not. A talented guitar-player plays excellent music. Food was delicioso.

1  Thank Anita L

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were two couples and were going to go to La Isla after seeing the food network show, but due to the weather we made a last minute reservation here. Turned out to be a great choice. We sat in the back which was nicely decorated and quieter than the front room bar. Loved the Mojito choices. We split a few appetizers. The meatballs, guacamole and cerviche were all very good. Flavorful but not overwhelming. As were our dinners. Short ribs, paella and shrimp were all hits.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

You feel as if you are transported and on vacation. The music, the drinks and food are outstanding. Start with the Washington Street cocktail if you enjoy a little spicy kick. Then you must have their strip steak with yucca. Out of this world. Great wine selection as well. 5 stars and counting each time we visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I've eaten there twice and I really enjoyed the food and the prices are definitely reasonable, it's a fairly busy place so it could be a little loud and slightly neglectful service might be the only week points… But I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Good food. The 30 min wait was not bad, they called us when our tables were ready.
My burger sliders were amazing. I could taste the Chorizo in it. My wife's Vaca Frita was ok. Not a big fan of Fried steak. The Coconut mojito was too strong. The outdoor seating on a nice sunny day is a plus. Would like to try again for dinner.