“LOVED It”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, California
“LOVED It”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Being from the area but not back for quite some time until recently, had to hit the old haunts.

Had to get a 'proper' Italian sub. Was craving one for quite some time. BELIEVE ME. Drove into Hoboken thinking there'd be no way that I would find parking in the area since it can be hell for that. Thinking that it will be worth a ticket and I was willing to double-park and get a ticket. I get on the street, spot the deli, and to my surprise, a parking spot just south of the deli and on the same side. God truly wanted me to get a sub. I go in, take a smell........ Heaven!! I'm home!

Gentleman behind he counter instantly greets me and I feel at home immediately. I start talking about my cravings for a good sandwich and he recommends the best one. He cuts a piece of the homemade mozzarella and hands it to me to sample. Um, how do I express sheer joy in words?
Wonderful, exceptional, magnificent,....... Fill in other words of marvel here,.......

He's talking to me about how the sandwich is prepared, the peppers, etc. Love it. Honest to goodness pride in their establishment. I love the family feel to establishments such as this. Just means so much to me. I listen to the history of the deli with great joy all the while looking at this wonderful delicacy being prepared...... It's ready!

I leave, feeling like I again need to move into the area since I miss the food and the small family feel of several such places. Off to car and my afternoon appointment salivating for the sandwich.

I stop on the side of the road on Frank Sinatra drive overlooking Manhatten and unwrap the sandwich ................... First bite..........

HEAVEN!

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank 945945JT

Toms River, New Jersey
“The best Mozzarella in NJ!!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

If you haven't been fortunate enough to sample their fresh homemade mozzarella you are really missing something! By far the tastiest mozzarella anywhere!!! They also have this phenomenal roast beef sandwich with mozzarella and au jus to die for! What are you waiting for??? Go......NOW!!

• Visited August 2013
“Mozzerella to die for!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

We came here after spotting it on an episode of cake boss.Our family was visiting NY and had mapped out places to visit. My 7year old daughter wanted to come here.The deli is typical of ones you find in any Italian village.We all chose our favorite sandwich fillings (after selecting the type of fresh bread) they are extremely generous with fillings.The fresh Mozzerella is unbelievable, its absolutely delicious.The service is very friendly, we could have soaked up the atmosphere all day . Definitely worth a visit.Hoboken is so pretty.

• Visited March 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Best mutz in the world!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Believe me when I say that Fiore's has the best mutz that can be found any where in New Jersey. I grew up in Hoboken and have never been able to find fresh mutz any where else besides Hoboken that even comes close. Fiore's is not a bratty or arrogant yuppie restaurant... there are no frills, which makes it even better. Yes they "cross contaminate" cheese and cold cuts because it's a deli. Absolutely ridiculous. And no they don't use gloves because what chef does?

• Visited May 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Disgusting lack of hygiene”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I went there for their Thursday special, mozzarella and roast beef sandwich w/ au jus, as well as to pick up a pound of fresh mozzarella. While waiting on line I watched deli men prepare the food. First, I observerved that none of the preparers were wearing plastic gloves. They were making the roast beef sandwiches with their bare hands and dipping the sandwiches and their hands into the au jus. Over and over again I watched all the preparers do this. 5 or 6 guys dipping their hands in the au jus. They used those same hands to prepare all the different deli selections. It was noon so there was a crowd. Not once did I see these guys wash their hands. They went from meat, to vegetable, to cheese foods, to wet foods without a moment's thought of cross contamination. Then an old guy, who I'm told is one of the owners, was busy at the meat slicer making a sandwich while coughing a most productive and phlegmy cough. Not once did he stop and cover his mouth. This guy shouldn't have been working with that cough. It is 1/24/13 and we are in one of the biggest flu epidemics the NY/NJ area has seen in years. I felt like throwing up and walked out and will NEVER return. These people are disgusting and should be ashamed at themselves for the lack of hygiene. Really people, the food might taste good, but I dare you to watch them prepare it, and still eat what their serving up. Ewwwww.

• Visited January 2013