“FABULOUS!”

The Inn at Millrace Pond
Reserve with OpenTable
The Inn at Millrace Pond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Hope
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My two brothers and I threw my parents a surprise 40th anniversary party. ( I live in VA, they are in NY and CA) so the logistics of planning scared me...but in the end
The hardest part was keeping a secret!! Everyone at the Inn made everything easy and stress/worry free. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly and just plain awesome! We had a party of 35, and I didnt hear one complaint.
And to top it all off it wasnt nearly as expensive as we thought it would be.
My parents were surprised. Everyone was happy! Totally specktacular event!!

1  Thank Kittikatt

Reviewed 6 January 2012

My wife and I decided to give the Inn a try again as we heard things had changed since our last visit; we tried it twice in a one week period. We sat in the tavern, which has fantastic ambiance and a fire going in the fireplace during colder times of year. The host sat us at a table that had not been cleared of the previous diners plates even though there were only two occupied tables in the entire room. The waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu (we had the same waiter both times)... but when the bread arrived on our first visit we were told they were out of butter... I was hoping it wasn't an omen of things to come.
During the two visits items we ate included the shrimp cocktail that was obviously frozen and tasted like it had been defrosted a while, the scallop appetizer which was great again, lamb chops that were pretty good- salads were good both times. Single malt scotch selection mainly highlands, but had a few.
Our biggest problem with the Inn is they don’t seem to care about the customers that are only coming in for a meal- they seem really focused on the catering end of things. We were there twice in a week and the same host asked if we had been there before… the waiter remembered us and was great both times. I tried this week to see if they changed their menu after the holidays and they no longer have a site just for the Inn, you are redirected to a catering company that has locations all over the state and you can't find a menu for the inn, or find anything at all about dining at the Inn for that matter. I am glad that the location will be used for functions, it’s just a shame that it will not be the fine dining restaurant that the ambiance lives up to and the cost suggests.

1  Thank cjsmithnj
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Wow, what a disappointment. The silverware was spotted,the food lacked flavor and we must
received our dinner 10 minutes before our server had his dinner. We waited over 30 minutes
until he returned. I used to tell everyone that if the had someone the would like to impress,
then by all means take them here. Well we will not be returning. Spoke with receptionist
about our EXPERIENCE. Fell on deaf ears. Upon leaving the restaurant the walkways were
not illuminated.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

My wife and I had dinner at the Inn on a Thursday evening- the decor is still pleasing (and mostly unchanged from the previous management, and the management before that). Glasses for water were set on the table and had fingerprints all over them. Our server was good and was at the table to check on us often enough, but there were only 2 tables in the dining room so I have no idea what it is like when the room is busy.
I had a scallop appetizer that was one of the best things I have been served in a long time. They were large diver scallops cooked to perfection and served with a ginger citrus sauce that was perfect. We thought it was a great sign of the meal to come.
We were wrong. I had the ahi tuna- the tuna was prepared well but the sauce that was on the plate had almost no flavor. My wife had the duck- same story- bland, almost tasteless sauce. I am amazed the sauces on the plates came from the same kitchen that made the excellent scallop dish. Rice was overcooked, spinach was steamed and just "ok". Dessert was a chocolate cake and ice cream- good, but an item that can be found anywhere. I had 2 glasses of the house white- my wife had one glass of a house red; add a single malt and the check was 120 before the tip. Not out of line for the items on the menu, but the meal didn't deliver the level of quality that would command that price level. Overall we were not impressed. We will skip it next time and frequent other places we know the quality is always high. It's a shame as we are locals who live a mile from the Inn but will
not return.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

The Inn @ Millrace Pond is a great place to eat if you are traveling through the area. If you just hungry for a great lunch the tap room downstairs fill more than 'fill the bill.' If you are looking for a special meal to celebrate something special the dining room upstairs is on point and you won't be disappointed. The menu is deep with a selection of steaks, seafood and even duck to satisfy your palate. The service was excellent and the atmosphere is great, a quiet inn located in northwest New Jersey.