“GREAT food, fun atmosphere....one of my favorites!!!”
Review of The Brothers Moon

The Brothers Moon
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Hopewell
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Opened 2000 to raves and high acclaim. The first BYOB "Farm to Table" restaurant. The Brothers Moon is a 100 seat full-service restaurant with a seasonally changing menu. beautiful front patio dining, our take-out cases are filled with salads, cheese, meats, olives, and breads with delicious goodies, pastries, cookies from our own ovens. Health-conscious and vegetarian foods are always available. We pledge to use the finest ingredients in all that we prepare for our customers. The Brothers Moon is a place where the genuine care and comfort of our guests is our highest mission. The Brothers Moon welcomes your celebrations, events, and business gatherings. We offer two dining rooms with a total seating for up to 100 guests. Chef Will plans his menu in synchronicity with the true seasons of the earth. He takes pride in keeping in touch with nature by visiting and purchasing from local farms. These farmers in turn partner with and provide The Brothers Moon with the best food available.
Reviewed 5 November 2008

I have lived in this area for quite a number of years and The Brothers Moon has always been one of my favorite neighborhood gems!

I had dinner here last week with a few of my girlfriends and we thoroughly enjoyed it! I almost always start with the goat cheese tart, although this time we decided to share the mussels (corn, leek, chorizo) and am glad we did as they were very good. Next, I tried the chicken with "quick kraut". I was skeptical at first, but I have to say that it was absolutely AMAZING!!!! This is one I will have to try again (and again!). My friends had both the salmon and the pumpkin curry risotto (vegetarian) and each said that the food was great! For dessert, we shared the creme brulee and the cheesecake......both excellent!

Our server (I forgot his name) was friendly and knowledgeable, but not intrusive.....he let us carry on with our girl talk with little interuption. The atmosphere is warm and quaint. While the prices, I've noticed, have increased a little (due to the rising cost of food everywhere, I assume), it is still a bargain for your money. This is a BYO, so don't forget to bring your wine! During the warmer months, the sidewalk seating is a MUST!!
They also serve brunch on Sundays, and offer takeout options. I've also been to several functions for which The Brothers Moon has catered, and again, was impressed! If you're looking for something different, the owner/chef conducts cooking classes at the restaurant (I haven't done it, but several friends have and said it was fun).

I always love coming here because the food is consistently good and the atmosphere is warm and relaxed. I highly recommend The Brothers Moon......you will not be disappointed!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 26 October 2008

very cool place w/ good food. Service a bit slow though...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 6 April 2008

Sunday "brunch": Food was MUCH over-rated. Egg on Brioche w/apple wood smoked bacon and tomato and basil pesto: Egg overcooked, no taste at all to pesto. Bacon was very tasty, but sandwich was served almost cold.
Quiche tasted day old---almost totally dried out.
Egg scramble very small. In all, it reminded us of airplane food.
Potato serving small; fruit serving sparce. A hearty appetite would probably have to order 2 entrees. Coffee not hot enough. Service was good.
VERY OVER PRICED. $30/person unacceptable in Hopewell, NJ.