Booked this through booking.com as I needed a hotel last minute for an early flight out of Newark airport.
This came up with mixed reviews,but for one night thought it would be ok,BIG MISTAKE.
As other hotels near the airport,this offered a shuttle to and from hotel.I waited an hour for the shuttle to pick me up from airport,while enquiring about this while waiting,a very rude member of staff told me to JUST wait as driver must be stuck in traffic(note hotel is only a 10mins drive and other hotels' shuttles arrived every 5-10mins)
When driver finally turned up-no greeting,let alone an apology-drove back to hotel where a customer had also been waiting for more than an hour to be dropped at airport and there in front of us,the receptionist asks the driver to drop this gentleman,to what the driver shouts back "I'm not going anywhere" and they both started arguing.The receptionist then says to that customer that driver refused to drive to airport so he would have to arrange for something else,at this point I'm really worried as my flight was at 6am the next morning and they seem to have only one driver on duty,who decides when he does and doesn't work.
Still,checked in and asked to pay cash as I didn't want my uk card to be charged so I paid and was checked in.
The room looked clean enough and very spacious.Decided to take a nap and was awaken within 2h with an extremely itchy and irritated skin-there were BED BUGS.There and then I decided to pack up and leave.I went downstairs to complain about the bed bugs and the receptionist didn't even looked surprised nor did she apologise.She asked me to wait as there were people waiting to be checked in.While processing my refund,a couple that was checked in came back within minutes to complain that the room they were given wasn't clean,with beds undone,seems no housekeeping after the previous occupiers,I was gobsmacked at the level of indifference again displayed by receptionist.Now I had my money back,I went for the Crowne Plazza as couldn't even contemplate trying another "value " chain,eventhough the Plazza was ridiculously expensive last minute.
Now,as if this whole experience wasn't bad enough,a couple of days later,I received an email from booking.com to let me know that the credit card I used to book the room will be charged a full night rate as America's best value inn reported me as a "no show",I was getting charged a full night stay.Eventually got it sorted through booking.com as I offered to send the refund receipt(which by the way I had to ask for at the time).So even after refunding me cash,they tried to get this money back by charging my credit card,aweful.
Sorry for long review,needless to say I will NOT recommend this hotel to any one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn at Newark International Airport is located less 10 miles from New York City and only four miles from the Newark Liberty International Airport (Airport Code - EWR) with free 24-hour shuttle service from Terminal P4, making the hotel ideal for lodging accommodations while visiting New York City or the Newark area. Our hotel is near downtown Newark and the local educational and health care districts. We also offer easy access to famous New York City attractions like Times Square, Central Park, Ground Zero, Theatre District, Empire State Building and the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Our hotel is minutes from Newark attractions like the Meadowlands Arena (Giants/Jets Stadium), New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Statue of Liberty, and Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall, the area's largest outlet mall. All guest rooms come equipped with desks areas, irons, ironing boards, cable television with premium channels, including HBO and ESPN, free wired and wireless high-speed Internet along with free phone calls anywhere in the U.S. Refrigerator, microwaves and rollaway beds are also available. A deluxe complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 6am - 9am. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Americas Best Value Inn at Newark International Airport provides the ideal lodging accommodation for all who arrive in the Newark/New York area. Our friendly, experienced and courteous staff is available 24-hours and is eager to make your stay with us a memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport Hotel Irvington
- Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport Irvington, NJ, North America