“cheap but...”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Irvington
Bengaluru, India
“cheap but...”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My flight from Newark to Mumbai was on next day and chose to stay in this hotel. I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. Room was big, wifi was working fine. The lady at the reception was very helpful. Shuttle driver was good too. The main door lock screws were loose. You can feel the shake if someone in other room walks in his room above you. The hotel is a value for money for sure but is a bit far away from airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DD_Sahoo
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write us your valuable insight. I'm extremely glad to know we have met your standards and that you find our services value friendly. I will defenately take notice of the loose screws on the main doors of every room to ensure the best quality stay. I'm sorry to hear about your thoughts regarding our property distance from Newark Airport; it's often our proximity to the Airport what our guests enjoy the most. Nonetheless I'm more than glad to know your overall stay was pleasant. I thank You once again for choosing our property and would love to invite you back the next time you visit NJ!

Viridiana A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I visited the place couple of days back.Full of bed bugs.Couldn't sleep all night coz of beg bugs.Only advantage is it's shuttle service to EWR. I wouldn't recommend anybody to stay at this hotel, its horrible

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank pavan a
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to offer my most sincere apologies regarding the events of your stay. Our property monitors pests on a daily basis to ensure the best quality stay possible. As soon as our staff received notice of this post I took action and ordered a professional pest inspector to investigate. As a precocious measure the rooms where quarantined until we received a positive feedback from the inspector. I Thank You once again for choosing our property.

Dalton, Ohio
Reviewed 4 January 2014

More than what I paid for! Everything was clean, comfortable, and the room was huge! The hotel is within a couple blocks from a major bus station - we were able to take the 107 straight into NYC every day we were there!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Abigail L
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank You Abigail for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying at our property. I'm extremely excited to know that we've met your expectations and that our rooms where clean, comfortable and up to your standards. I'm also glad to hear the trip to NY was a breeze! with such a beautiful city so close by it's hard not to go there every time it's possible! I would like to Thank You once again for choosing our property and would defenately love to invite you back the next time you're around!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Again, this was booked for temporary accommodations. I had a very early flight out, and needed to get my rental car back and get checked in by 5:30am, so I needed someplace close and cheap. This place was close, and it was cheap, but you get what you pay for, I guess. In this case it was probably a half a grade up from a no-tell motel. The lock and deadbolt on my room was not in good shape, so I ended up spending the entire night in the room for fear I'd have to pack up all my electronics and take them with me if I went out for dinner. Considering it isn't the greatest neighborhood, I wasn't comfortable with that choice, either. The place reeked of whatever disinfectant/deodorizer they use. I heard fights going on around me, and the desk clerk was behind about two inches of bullet proof glass.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve C
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. I would like to also take the time to offer my most sincere apologies because the situation with your room could have been completely avoided by changing you to a more appropriate room. There is nothing I want more than for a guest to feel secure and comfortable inside our hotel walls. I can personally assure you this is the first and last time a room with any damage at all is rented without being properly inspected . I thank you once again for letting us know of the issue and for choosing our property.

Sincerely
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I booked this hotel because they had the best rate during the christmas holiday. I had a poor experience while staying at this hotel.

When we arrived into EWR to get a shuttle pickup from the airport, I was told the shuttle runs every half hour, and we ended up waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes to be picked up, when the hotel is only 3 miles away.

I booked a room for 5 people, and we only had a set of two towels in the room, so i called down to request more and they told me that they wouldn't deliver anymore towels, so I had to go downstairs and demand more towels while they questioned why i needed more.

The hotel was located outside the city and the cheapest route to get into the city was to take the hotel shuttle to the city bus stop and then from there to the train station into the city. Well, the next day, we had tickets pre-booked to go see the rockettes at radio city downtown, and we were ready to leave an hr and a half prior to the show, since that was more than enough time, since it only takes 35 min with all the routes to make it downtown. Well the shuttle once again was 40 min late picking us up and we ended up being 30 minutes late for the show.

The night van driver was rude and unprofessional, they were always late and it was terrible customer experience. I wouldn't recommend anybody to stay at this hotel, its horrible.

Room Tip: Do not book with this hotel if you are used to staying at nicer hotels.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jocelyn B
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Jocelyn I would like to Thank You for taking the time to share you recent experience while staying with us. I'm extremely sorry to hear about the experience you've had with our drivers. The shuttle tries to maintain a schedule but at times unpredictable events such as traffic, road blockage, etc. may delay our drivers. I understand how important time management is and because of that I would like to offer my most sincere apology. The driver who has shown you lack of professionalism and other staff members at fault have all been verbally warned. I thank You once again for choosing our property.

Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel in November 2013. We booked it because of the extended parking available. Being from Canada, we had no idea of where it was or the area surrounding it. The hotel pictures were fine so I booked. Later I read the reviews and wondered about my choice. As it turned out, we had nothing to worry about as we spent a comfortable night there and left the new vehicle [with canadian plates] for 9 days while we took a cruise. People on the ship told us we would be lucky to have a car when we got back, but it was there in one piece with 4 tires and the motor so we were happy. You can't believe everything you read on these sites but this is genine. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and the breakfast was good...great price plus extended parking was only $6 per day. When we came back to pick up the vehicle, they allowed us to google our route to Lancaster Pennsylvania and print it off from their computer so that was a plus. We had a good experience. Diane

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane C
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write us a review. It is always great to hear the great experiences our guests have at our property. I'm extremely happy to hear you found our staff friendly and our hotel up to standards. I would also like you to know we take the responsibility our guests entrust us with very seriously. The property is surrounded by 24 hour surveillance cameras strategically placed to cover every inch of the property! There is also a Front Desk Staff member monitoring the cameras at all ours of the day! I Thank You once again for choosing our property, and we hope to see you again on your next trip!

Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were stranded at Newark Airport after missing our flight back to Europe. We did not want to spend a fortune, so we chose ABVI. Everythig went great...we just called the hotel again when arriving at the Hotel Pick Up station and asked for the shuttle. It just took him 15 minutes. The normal ride to the hotel from EWR is 20 minutes. The shuttle was very comfy and the driver very nice and helpful with the luggage; so was the staff inside the hotel. Rooms are huge, beds more than comfy and everything was totally clean. There's no bar or restaurant but you can order something from a whole lot of providers and they'll bring it to your room. Breakfast is included in the nightly rate. However, we were so exhausted that we slept in. As we saw later in the breakfast room, there was a waffle iron and they served eggs as well. So it should have been quite good. The guests in the room above were quite noisy in the morning...u hear when they walk along the room. So ear plugs might be nice to have if u do not stay in the upper level. Otherwise, best accomodation throughout our whole apartment stay in Miami and NYC :-)

Room Tip: We had to separate queen size beds for 2 people and a corner with a nice sofa and table, I do not kn...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
I would like to sincerely Thank You for taking the time to write us a review. Nothing compares to the satisfying feeling we get when we read great experiences such as your own. I would like to apologize for the noise you had to endure above your room, we are trying to work a solution for that. I Thank You once again for choosing our property and I hope to invite you back the next time you happen to be near!

Best regards!

Viridiana A.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvington
Newark Central Business District
Best Western Plus Robert Treat Hotel

Been to Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport? Share your experiences!