I've traveled a lot in america and seen dozens of hotels in various surroundings. This hotel isn't so bad but the location is absolutely horrible. Depending on how experienced traveler you are this place will make you feel unsafe or at least uncomfortable. There is absolutely no going out in the evening because this hotel is located in unfriendly neighborhood. I've walked through similar areas in Memphis and Detroit, so I pretty much know what I'm talking about. You could try it but probably not enjoy it.
I called this hotel from the airport and the shuttle picked me up. When I arrived at this hotel the price had doubled from what I was told on the phone. "No rooms left at that price, sir". When i was about to leave the man behind the bulletproof glass was ready to negotiate. So I stayed and paid about 65$ for one night. Right after me came an african american man to ask about his long-term staying and if they had received a payment for it. Most certainly there are families from the same neighborhood, keeping their doors open to the corridor and lots of loud talking. Good place for a pimp daddy or community lovers. Well, it's a shame that the rooms are actually quite nice but the location and staff make it what it is- a dump.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn at Newark International Airport is located less 10 miles from New York City and only four miles from the Newark Liberty International Airport (Airport Code - EWR) with free 24-hour shuttle service from Terminal P4, making the hotel ideal for lodging accommodations while visiting New York City or the Newark area. Our hotel is near downtown Newark and the local educational and health care districts. We also offer easy access to famous New York City attractions like Times Square, Central Park, Ground Zero, Theatre District, Empire State Building and the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Our hotel is minutes from Newark attractions like the Meadowlands Arena (Giants/Jets Stadium), New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Statue of Liberty, and Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall, the area's largest outlet mall. All guest rooms come equipped with desks areas, irons, ironing boards, cable television with premium channels, including HBO and ESPN, free wired and wireless high-speed Internet along with free phone calls anywhere in the U.S. Refrigerator, microwaves and rollaway beds are also available. A deluxe complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 6am - 9am. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Americas Best Value Inn at Newark International Airport provides the ideal lodging accommodation for all who arrive in the Newark/New York area. Our friendly, experienced and courteous staff is available 24-hours and is eager to make your stay with us a memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport Hotel Irvington
- Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport Irvington, NJ, North America