“Round 1 Disaster; Round 2 Excellent Meal”
Review of Ruby Tuesday - CLOSED

Ruby Tuesday
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Round 1: RT has upscaled the decor, upscaled the menu, and the prices have followed suit. Not that I found $18.99 for two lobster tails an excessive price, quite the contrary. Everything was excellently prepared; the ribs & shrimp combo, the lobster tails, the vegetables, the salad bar is unequaled by any other restaurant. But I never had a dinner that I so thoroughly enjoyed and a meal that I couldn't wait to end at the same time.

I can't help but wonder if the parents and grandparents of the 2 year old screaming brat who was throwing everything from the table onto the floor really felt it was okay to subject the entire restaurant to their little darling's antics. The Manager didn't want to acknowledge there was a problem, or even to acknowledge the presence of any of the other diners.

Round 2: Step in, corporate HQ. I posted a comment on their website, and was contacted the next day by an officer of the chain. He apologized for the unpleasantness, and very tactfully indicated that it was a shame I did not have an opportunity to address it with the manager. Although the unruly child was certainly not their fault, I was sent guest cards as an incentive to return. Today we had an excellent meal and an enjoyable evening.

The new menu at Ruby Tuesday is excellent. I have personally enjoyed the Louisiana shrimp and the lobster tail dinners. If you want lighter fare, the avocado quesadilla was wonderful. And their salad bar can’t be beat.

The serving staff in both instances was friendly, pleasant and very capable.

Yes, problems can occur from time to time, but in this case management was right on it to make things better. Congratulations to Ruby Tuesday for being on top of things.

1  Thank TomInNPR