“The Lighthouse won't steer you wrong”
Review of Lighthouse Grill - CLOSED

Lighthouse Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I went to visit friends who live in the Manchester/Whiting area of New Jersey. They had heard of this restaurant but had never been there.
We called and found out that it is a BYOB which as many of you know I prefer; as I always bring a case of assorted wines with us when we visit friends.
The restaurant was about 25 minutes from their home and when we pulled up it appeared to be somewhat small. It turns out that they have outdoor seating in season but this time we opted to eat indoors. The menu which can be found on line is extensive for a restaurant this size. It seats about 30 inside.
They claim to be a seafood restaurant but in reality they are much more than that. Everyone ordered fish but me as I was captivated by the veal special. Their meals were attractively presented and were very tasty as we tend to share a bit.
My veal dish was really bad. The veal was thick and one piece was raw and the one next to it was overdone. The meat had the consistency of shoe leather.
I called our waitress over and explained the problem. She reacted well and went and got the manager who listened to me and took the meal back.
I ordered the stuffed pork. It was amazing. Instead of a pork chop with a pocket, this was a pounded piece of boneless pork rolled around the stuffing which would have been great by itself. What a comeback. The food was great, the service more than adequate, and their handling of what could have been an unfortunate situation was right on the money.
Our friends raved about the Crème Brule while my wife and I shared a really good apple strudel with vanilla ice cream. The espresso was of high quality also.
We will return and perhaps next time all of us will sit outside.
If you are in the Jackson area, visit the Lighthouse.
Ah, I almost forgot. The prices were pretty reasonable.

1  Thank wydrune

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Really tasty food. Personally had the grouper reuben and it was excellent. Others in party also had great meals. Fresh iced tea. Really friendly service.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the service which was great. Started with a lobster empanada which was amazing and for my main course I had Linguine with white clam sauce. The clams were fresh and very tender and the pasta was done to perfection. Unfortunately these two filled me up so I didn't get to try dessert. But I will be back and will save room next time.

1  Thank mikeyave1
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife & I had a wonderful dinner here -- seafood was fresh, pasta cooked well. Salads were crisp and fresh. The two women working that night were friendly & chatty and made us feel right at home. We tried the cheese & blueberry strudel for dessert, which was tasty and clearly freshly made.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I have been frequent flyers at the Lighthouse for 8 years and have NEVER had a bad meal. In addition to the excellent cuisine, the service is impeccable. Jeff and his staff always go out of their way to make us feel like family.

Sorry to read the last review....quite shocking! Debbie L., suggest you give them another try....you won't be disappointed.