“Nice convenient affordable place to stay”

and 1 more site!
Jersey City Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Jersey City B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, PA
“Nice convenient affordable place to stay”
Reviewed 25 December 2009

The owners/staff (for want of a better word) were very nice and attentive. Being from the area they had a lot of good advice and suggestions for getting around. Breakfast was supplied and there was good variety. The room was cosy - big, separate bathroom, plenty of room for bags, had computer, water, coffee. The location was handy for Manhattan - six blocks across and six blocks down from the PATH station that takes you to Manhattan. I liked the location as I wasn't afraid to walk. The bed was very comfortable too. Can't say what I liked least: I got more than what I paid for and the owners/staff were very friendly. I felt like a distant family member staying over for a few nights.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank ukemigrant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2009

absolutely perfect, from the begining to the end ! The rooms: we slept in the king size room. The king size bed was really comfortable, and the Tvs were really neat: the giant one was realy cool with its hundreds of channels, and the other had english subtitiles, which came really handy for us, foreign tourists. I can't think of anything wrong... really fantastic ! After a full day visiting New York, we couldn't wait to go home to rest in this really welcoming place ! the service was awesome. Everyone was really kind and nice, and made this journey even greater ! Lonnie, Rafael were adorable! The cleanliness was as good as possible. And the breakfast : even better then in hotels. Pancakes, waffles, fresh fruit salad, it was always yummy and delicious. We had a great time back there. We really recommand this place !

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank rafazev
Buckinghamshire, England
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed for two nights at the start of a road trip to celebrate pur honeymoon and my 40th birthday. Picked this hotel because of the parking and close proximity to the PATH station into NY. Stayed in the kingsize room. Or should I say rooms. We had 2 bedrooms, a laundry room and small living space. The only problem was we couldnt find the '@' symbol on the computer as it was set up differently to what we were used to. We were allowed to use the kitchen and eat and drink what we wanted. However, a communication problem between the American and English language meant there was no baby crib/cot so we bought a small travel one with us. Having stayed in Jersey city before I knew it was a relativley safe neighbourhood to walk in so didnt worry in walking to Grove Station and Journal Square Stations. Even got asked directions within an hour of being there and mamanged to help the lady! The people who ran/worked there were very friendly and their children made us very welcome. Would love to stay there again

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Greengemlover
Montreal
Reviewed 18 June 2009

www.bandb2.com
Jersey City's Bed and Breakfast
442 Mercer Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Call [--] or E-mail: [--]

This B&B is at 10 minutes walking from the PATH (metro) in Jersey City. The hosts, when they can, they will take you to the PATH by car. If not, you're in downtown NYC in about 20 minutes, the PATH is safe and open all day and night.

Very very nice people and the breakfasts are sooo good and ready when you are. They have all kinds of milk, peanut butter, jellies, bread...!

The rooms are great with big TV screen, a computer and also free Internet WI-FI and phone, plus an espresso machine, a fridge (full with sodas and water) and air conditionner. Everything smells good and is very clean, the bathroom is full with shampoo, soap, towels, hair dryer... so you don't ask for things that you need, everything is there already.

Great for kids too by the way, they enjoy that. You'll have an extra bed for them in your room if you need it.

Boston
Reviewed 4 February 2009

I usually stay in Manhattan. Once you add the cost of Parking, the cost is just too expensive. I was looking for a alternative and I found an excellent one with this place. I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about a B&B in Jersey City, but after staying here, I'll never go back to the city.
The rooms and suites are huge by anyone's standard. I checked in and saw a nice size bedroom and was pretty happy with it. I didn't realize that I had a big living room to go with it as well. I had a private microwave/refrig. The refrig was stocked with different sodas, all included. A coffee making machine, not those little drip ones you see in hotels. TV with so many channels.
Not only do you get all this, but it also includes a full breakfast and parking. They are a 10 minute walk to the Train Station that gets you into Manhattan in a matter of minutes. They even have a pinball machine and a incredible massage chair. I will never stay in the city again as long as they are open.
Thank you for the hospitality.

• Disliked — NONE
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bam0165
Montreal, QC
Reviewed 29 January 2009

You cannot ask for more when it comes to a B&B.

Great people, very helpful; Lonnie will drive you somewhere closeby if he is available to do so. He brought my girlfriend and I to the grocery store!

Approx one mile away from liberty square Path station.

The neighborhood can be a bit sketchy at night, but the B&B is far from it.

• Liked — Great Owners
  • Disliked — Only one bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)