“Food tasted bland and it made me sick”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hard Grove Cafe

Hard Grove Cafe
Ranked #348 of 592 Restaurants in Jersey City
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
“Food tasted bland and it made me sick”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I went to this spot for gay pride yesterday August 18 and not only was the food tasted old and cardboard-like but it also made me so sick of my tummy. They called themselves authentic Cuban but it really is authentic garbage. Even the staff agreed with us the food was bad. Please skip so you don't get sick and so will I. Ugh, when you have to pay for worthless cuisine!!!

1 Thank LuiRP

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Highly NOT recommended!”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We've lived in Jersey City for years now, and we've had food delivered to us from this place before and the food was horrible. Tonight, we decided to give another try by going to the place thinking that maybe it would be better. We were sadly mistaken. We sat ourselves outside, and we had to grab our own menus and silverwares from the host stand. It took over 20 minutes for the staff to take our orders, and it took forever to get our appetizers, and when they arrived - it was cold! We had the chicken rice and jumbo shrimp mofongo for our main entree and the food was ok, nothing to write Mom about.

The service was so awful, we started to get very uncomfortable because other tables were getting restless waiting for their food or the wait staff to get to their tables.

We didn't finish our food and asked for the check. The waiter gave us our check and left. We waited for over 10 minutes for the waiter to return but he was busy, I guess. So we flagged another waiter to run our credit card so we can leave, only to be told that they don't accept Bank of America but they accept Visa and MC from other banks!

This place is overpriced, less than average food, and the service is horrendous. Never again. Sadly disappointed.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Dante_Pestano
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Food was good, service is soso.”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

When my sister and I walked in for dinner, we had to seat ourselves because apparently all the waiters were too busy chit-chatting by the bar. The appetizers took to long of a time period to come out. I requested hot sauce and waiting hang around by the bar, chatting with other employees and after I was almost done with my meal, he finally arrived with the hot sauce. Surprise to see many vegetarian options at this location.

Visited March 2012
“Wish I could eat here everyday!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My boyfriend and I love this place! We go as often as we can. If you like Cuban food you will love this spot! Gets crowded and is tiny so go early!

• Visited March 2012
North Jersey
“Brunch Menu is pricey but food!”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

A group of us met for brunch on a lovely sunday. Outside patio chairs were not very comfortable which forced us to move inside for seating. The brunch menu had good variety but was on the pricey side, but the food was very good. The servers were friendly and prompt. The coffee was decent but nothing to write home about. The atmosphere was festive and lively. For a moment, I actually thought I was cuba or south florida. I would definitely go there again.

• Visited July 2011