“Authentically Cuban”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great beer and food. You get a lot of food, so be hungry. Cute little restaurant and has outdoor seating. Gets kinda noisy because it's next to a busy street, but it's near the PATH, so you get a lot of people watching in. No complaints here. Every time I've went, it was good.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

We stopped in on Sunday around 2:00. They were serving brunch. I ordered the French toast combo with cheese eggs. It came with the French toast, cheese eggs, fruit and potatoes. Definitely a meal to share quite yummy and it was reasonably priced at $11. Service and cleanliness kept this from being a higher rating.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Every time I go here for food, I'm totally disappointed. I would never go back to eat but I will go for drinks. Their sidewalk area is cool to have a drink and just people watch since it has a great vantage point from the PATH train station.

1  Thank jatrekker
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I went to this spot for gay pride yesterday August 18 and not only was the food tasted old and cardboard-like but it also made me so sick of my tummy. They called themselves authentic Cuban but it really is authentic garbage. Even the staff agreed with us the food was bad. Please skip so you don't get sick and so will I. Ugh, when you have to pay for worthless cuisine!!!

1  Thank LuiRP
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We've lived in Jersey City for years now, and we've had food delivered to us from this place before and the food was horrible. Tonight, we decided to give another try by going to the place thinking that maybe it would be better. We were sadly mistaken. We sat ourselves outside, and we had to grab our own menus and silverwares from the host stand. It took over 20 minutes for the staff to take our orders, and it took forever to get our appetizers, and when they arrived - it was cold! We had the chicken rice and jumbo shrimp mofongo for our main entree and the food was ok, nothing to write Mom about.

The service was so awful, we started to get very uncomfortable because other tables were getting restless waiting for their food or the wait staff to get to their tables.

We didn't finish our food and asked for the check. The waiter gave us our check and left. We waited for over 10 minutes for the waiter to return but he was busy, I guess. So we flagged another waiter to run our credit card so we can leave, only to be told that they don't accept Bank of America but they accept Visa and MC from other banks!

This place is overpriced, less than average food, and the service is horrendous. Never again. Sadly disappointed.

1  Thank Dante_Pestano