The Westin Jersey City Newport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
Great 4.5/5
    The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)
    Excellent 5/5
    • Breakfast included
    • Breakfast included
    W Hoboken(Hoboken)
    • Restaurant
    Conrad New York(New York City)
    1,518 results
    All reviewsheavenly bedoak restaurantnew yorkpath trainstarbucks coffeeself parkingvery nice hotelshopping malllower manhattanfreedom towerlight railmanhattan skylinehigh floorinto nycacross the riverfitness centereasy access to nyc
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 26 November 2013

I seem to find myself rating the bathtubs at the hotels I stay at, and the tub in the Premiere room at The Westin is one of the best.
    The tub is huge and deep and you have a great view of the NYC skyline.

The room is nice and the bed was very comfortable.
    The room was clean.
    The front desk employee who checked me in had a bit of an attitude, but everyone else I encountered was pleasant.

Room service was blah, I suggest walking someplace nearby to get food.
    Valet parking is expensive but you are in NJ right across from NYC.

The area around the hotel is very nice, not the Jersey City you always heard about.
    The hotel is located in a new and upcoming section with a huge (Newport) mall a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and book a premiere room, you won't regret the room, the tub or the view!
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
    Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Tottisahottie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback is our best opportunity to hear the voice of the customer, and to learn the areas in which we can improve our service. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Bhumika Bharucha

Reviewed 23 November 2013

It's another great Westin Hotel. Great facilities including a small lap pool and whirlpool with solid gym. Everything is up to high Westin standards. Honestly, doesn't look there's much to do in Jersey City, but found good pizza and the PATH train takes you directly in to Manhattan.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, be careful that you are not near the side with the light rail tracks
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 22 November 2013

nice property...newer, clean, nice bedding. good in room breakfast service..close to jersey city offices and path line...high floors can have really nice views
    ..can be an inexpensive alternative to high priced hotel rooms in the city, if you don't mind the extra 15 minutes on Path from downtown. overall a very nice westin property...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
    1  Thank tourist2ct
    Reviewed 21 November 2013

The customer service shown by the so called manager, Mr. David Locke was atrocious, embarrassing and not up to the mark in a reputable hotel chain like Starwood. I am a loyal Starwood customer who had given the hotel chain tons or business by either staying at one of the hotels myself or recommending to friends and family from abroad. I had a Cheers drink voucher given to me by another Starwood hotel, but David Locke refused to accept it saying his hotel will not generate revenue from my one drink voucher!!!!! Does he not realize that the voucher was a loyalty to the business I have given the hotel chain. David Locke's behavior was appalling and way below the belt. I did not expect such a behavior from a staff at a Starwood chain. Never returning to this hotel and will certainly not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is not a matter of a free cocktail but it is a matter of prestige and honor.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
    7  Thank sonalim
    Reviewed 20 November 2013

We loved this hotel while we were there. Great location, great views, very accommodating, for the most part, BUT... I had to give it a terrible rating due to the fact that after returning from our trip we found out that my daughter's credit card had been compromised by someone working at the hotel. The only place she used that credit card was when we checked in and they require you to leave a card in place for incidentals. Someone had used her card to make purchases at nearby stores and attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get a great view of the city!
    • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
    3  Thank PatA56
    Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear PatA56,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am sorry to hear of the experience with your daughter's credit card. Please be assured we take every precaution to protect our guest privacy. I would like to be able to investigate this issue immediately. Please feel free to contact me at bhumika.bharucha@westin.com so that I can assist in resolving this matter.

I hope to have the opportunity to speak with you soon.

Bhumika Bharucha