The Westin Jersey City Newport
The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$159
US$279
US$220
  • Pool
US$226
  • Breakfast included
Candlewood Suites Jersey City(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$160
  • Fitness centre
Ramada Jersey City(Jersey City)
US$136
US$259
US$226
US$133
1,518 results
All reviewsheavenly bedoak restaurantnew yorkpath trainstarbucks coffeeself parkingvery nice hotelshopping malllower manhattanfreedom towerlight railmanhattan skylinehigh floorinto nycacross the riverfitness centereasy access to nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very hard to rate this visit. There's lots to recommend this Westin. Comfortable bed, good towels, (mostly) friendly and attentive staff. Its location is good for trips to Manhattan, just a short walk away from the Path train that takes you right into NYC. We were here about four years ago and had a faultless stay but some things didn't work as well for us this time. The breakfasts were not as good as before and the woman overseeing the buffet certainly hadn't been to charm school. We had a problem with a peculiar noise - possibly electrical - in the wall of our room which disturbed our first night. The first time we reported it to the reception desk in the morning it was pretty much ignored. However, in the evening when we returned and found nothing had been done, the manager couldn't have been more helpful and immediately came to investigate, moved us swiftly to another room and gave us free breakfasts the next morning. So because of him we've rated this a 4 rather than a 3.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J R
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Greetings JR,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that based on your excellent experience during your prior visit you chose to return to our property. I am disappointed your breakfast experience and your front desk experience in the morning were not up to your satisfaction. I have forwarded to comments to our front desk and restaurant managers for their review with their staff. I am delighted to hear that our Manager on Duty was able to move your room and restore your faith in your property.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming soon for refreshing stay.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

we went up for just and evening - the hotel was convenient, clean, extremely comfortable especially the mattress, Room service was outstanding and the hotel was very quiet for being in the middle of a big city with all those rooms - we didn't hear so much as a door close. We would definitely come back if we need to go to Manhattan again.

the only two problems - make up mirror was falling off the wall and the pay for movies were really really expensive. No biggy

Room Tip: we were near the elevator on the fourth floor - good room no problems
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bhumika B, Executive Assitant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Greetings travelingtoschool,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property even that snow storm and we were able to provide a comforting stay. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Please feel free to email me at bhumika.bharucha@westin.com so that I can take a look at that mirror and have if fixed if it has not been fixed already.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon for another refreshing stay.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here on a few occasions. The staff are friendly and professional. The rooms are well priced and consistently clean. I had one issue with the shower not working on my last stay. I didn't make a fuss about it because I didn't get in until after midnight. I would definitely come back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Greetings Atis,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that we are able to deliver the level of service that you are accustomed to. It is wonderful to receive such positive feedback from guests like you. I am disappointed that your shower did not work during your last stay. Please feel free to email me at Bhumika.bharucha@westin.com so that I can look into issue of the shower not working properly in your room.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with spacious well appointed rooms. The hotel staff were all very courteous and friendly. Excellent location within walking distance to the Path train system(about 2 minutes). We had a very enjoyable le stay and I would highly recommend the hotel. I will return for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank wadeaminut

Greetings wadeaminut,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel is clean and the room was very spacious and well appointed - exactly what one would hope for from a Westin or similar business hotel. The bed was large and very comfy - and felt a little decadent but lead to good nights sleep. While there were no "wow" moments, there were also no nasty surprises; it was what I hoped for.

The staff were helpful and they did listen to my needs and work to accommodate my requests. I was a little shocked, however, that hotels are still charging for wifi in the rooms and only provide 1 hour free access in the lounge each "sitting". I believe that a hotel that lines itself up to cater to business clients would have made working a little easier.

I would say that it was not that competitively priced and while it was very close to the PATH, you still had to travel to get into New York City. This was a consideration because, despite the quality of the restaurant, other eating options were hard to come by close to the hotel (walking distance).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Greetings TabathaSoItay,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience staying at our property. As we strive to have achieve the excellence in customer service, it wonderful to here that our staff was able to deliver services to your satisfaction. We hope to welcome you soon to provide some “wow” moments to your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me at Bhumika.bharucha@westin.com prior to your arrival and I would be delighted to assist you in personalizing your stay to your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you soon for a refreshing stay.