I attended a wedding in Jersey City on Memorial Day weekend. The bride reserved a block of rooms at the Westin.
We arrived after a long train trip to find our room wouldn't be ready for another half hour. My daughter had a very bad cold and needed to rest, so I asked if anything else was available. The woman helping us said she could offer an upgrade on a higher floor for $20 more a night, and I jumped at the chance.
We checked in to find the standard luxurious Westin room with beautiful beds, stunning bedding and modern furnishings. What we were not prepared for was when we opened the drapes: an absolutely stunning view of Lower Manhattan and the Freedom Tower. It was totally mesmerizing.
The room was luxurious and modern, with large flat screen TV, small refrigerator, and a bath with a rainshower head and lighted makeup mirror. Unfortunately, housekeeping gave us extra bath gel and no shampoo. One phone call and 3 minutes remedied that.
Due to the wedding, this review remains incomplete, because we didn't have a chance to try the pool or the restaurants.
We checked out by the TV. On our way out I caught the eye of someone at the front desk, smiled and said how much we enjoyed our stay. This gentleman, named Patrick, came out from behind the front desk, and escorted us all the way out while asking about our stay.
I worked in Manhattan for 28 years and commuted from the far suburbs for many of them. If I attended a concert on a weeknight I would book a hotel in Manhattan rather than get home at 2am. Trust me, I have paid more at some flea-bag hotels in Manhattan than I paid at the Westin in Jersey City.
The hotel is stunning, and the service we received was top-notch. I highly urge tourists to NYC to stay here. It is a luxury hotel at the price of a moderate Manhattan hotel, and the PATH train ride to NY is shorter than the average Manhattan subway ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the waterfront Financial District of Jersey City, our AAA/CAA Four Diamond hotel is just 200 steps and one subway stop to NYC. Featuring spacious guest rooms and inspiring view of Manhattan we're walking distance to great restaurants on the Hudson waterfront. Explore our hotel renovation, escape to the serenity of our 429 Jersey City accommodations and treat yourself to a stay in one of our elevated rooms for stunning view of the NYC skyline. Experience the rejuvenating Heavenly Bath and the signature Westin Heavenly Bed, perfect for a blissful night's sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Jersey City Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport Hotel Jersey City
- Westin Jersey City Newport
- The Westin Jersey City Newport New Jersey