I drove in on Thursday, June 26th from 95-S and traffic was horrendous. At one point trying to get to Holland Tunnel my GPS indicated I had 11 minutes left to arrive at hotel. It took 1 hour from that point. I sat in traffic and watched the light change over and over again with no movement. So when I arrived at the hotel, I was beyond exhausted. I self-parked in the parking garage for $22 a night. There were signs for Westin, JcPenny's, and Macys. I headed to the hotel, which was a very short walk. There was no line at check-in. The lady at check-in was about to hand me my room card when she read my request not to be near the elevator and said she needed to change my room. I took the opportunity to ask if my new room would have the tub as I read in other reviews. She playfully pondered my inquiry for a short while and I thought for a moment she would give me a room with tub, but then said that would require an upgrade charge of $80. I took the card for my room without tub. I was on the 15th floor. I had their standard room that did not have a nice view. I dropped my bag and headed to the mall food court to get a bite. I didn't feel like a waiting for room service or going to hotel restaurant Fire and Oak, which when I passed by maybe had 1 person seated and it was 6:30pm. I surmise the hotel didn't have many guests during my 1 night stay. When I arrived home last night from my travels, I realized I did not have Yankee Candle purchase. I lost bag between food court and hotel. I was not happy about that - I was so tired that I may have laid it on counter while I placed food order and waited. I hope someone enjoyed the items. Receipt was in the bag. Food was cold and my room did not have a microwave. I slept comfortably. I had a seamless check out from TV in room. Still not fully awake, I was happy to see that they provided coffee in the lobby - NOT!!!! After grabbing cup, I saw price list signs. Small coffee was almost $3. Paid for coffee and headed to garage for car. The credit card reader in self-paying machine did not work. I was glad I had cash and was not in a rush. My issues were not hotel related.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the waterfront Financial District of Jersey City, our AAA/CAA Four Diamond hotel is just 200 steps and one subway stop to NYC. Featuring spacious guest rooms and inspiring view of Manhattan we're walking distance to great restaurants on the Hudson waterfront. Explore our hotel renovation, escape to the serenity of our 429 Jersey City accommodations and treat yourself to a stay in one of our elevated rooms for stunning view of the NYC skyline. Experience the rejuvenating Heavenly Bath and the signature Westin Heavenly Bed, perfect for a blissful night's sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Jersey City Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport Hotel Jersey City
- Westin Jersey City Newport
- The Westin Jersey City Newport New Jersey