The Westin Jersey City Newport
US$226
  • Breakfast included
The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$249
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Candlewood Suites Jersey City(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$160
  • Fitness centre
Ramada Jersey City(Jersey City)
US$153
US$259
US$226
US$133
1,518 results
All reviewsheavenly bedoak restaurantnew yorkpath trainstarbucks coffeeself parkingvery nice hotelshopping malllower manhattanfreedom towerlight railmanhattan skylinehigh floorinto nycacross the riverfitness centereasy access to nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I stayed at the Westin over the long Thanksgiving weekend, and had a great time. The hotel is clean, stylish and most importantly, QUIET. The guest room was so quiet I hardly even knew I was in a hotel.

Some travelers complained about not being able to get a room prior to the 3pm check-in time. I did arrive an hour early, and was hopeful that I could go straight to my room, but the associate at the desk told me that since the hotel is very popular, they sell out constantly, and people tend to not leave until noon checkout, so it does take them until 3pm to make rooms available to guests. In the meantime, they do offer to check luggage,. and in my case, they gave me a key card which granted me access to the fitness center and pool, and this included a very nice locker room area with lockers (with electronic locks) and showers. Towels, soap shampoo and most toiletries were also supplied. By the time I was done with my run on the treadmill,showered and refreshed, my room was ready.

For the money paid, the quality of the hotel, and the easy 24/7 access to Manhattan via the PATH train (which runs 24/7), this hotel can't be beat.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott F
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Stayed in this Hotel while attending the New York Marathon 2010. A fantastic hotel with great staff. Large rooms & ensuites & of course with it being newly built it was faultless. Breakfast was very good with plenty of healthy options especially at the weekend. Its a big hotel but felt very homely in the bar & breakfast room. I would find it hard to stay anywhere else the next time I visit New York.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Stayed one night at the Westin. First time staying at a Westin and I was very pleased.
We stay in Jersey City when visiting NYC because it is so much more affordable.In the past we have stayed at Courtyard by Marriott in Jersey City on Washington Boulevard. That is a nice hotel. But this time the price for the Courtyard was too high. Found a great price for the Westin on their website. Hotel is one block from the PATH subway that takes you to 33rd street in Manhattan. Our room was on the 19th floor so we got very little street noise. Room was very clean. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great! The bed was so comfortable and the bed linens were soft and comfy. Nice open lobby and helpful staff. Parking garage right behind the hotel.Clean ,safe area of Jersey City , we have never had an issue. The PATH station is safe and runs 24 hours ,although after about 11pm trains run much less frequently .It is easy to navigate and takes you right across the street from Macys!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbarbiebean
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stayed over one night with my Mom for a ladies weekend. There was a small line to check in when we arrived but was able to check in early and was in our room by 11:45a. We were on the 19th floor and had a view of the construction next door. Room had a large flat screen television, mini bar (usual prices), large bathroom (with all the basics including a lighted mirror), double shower heads and the most amazing beds. We ate at one of the restaurants, which had sushi and american food. The Newport mall and Path was all a short walk away.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 25 October 2010

My Husband and I stayed here for our anniversary trip to NYC. Neither of us had ever stayed in the area and we booked the hotel based on location, reviews, and availability. We were very pleased when we arrived with the location-close to the PATH station with a convinient parking garage ( however we later found out it was $22 PER DAY to park in this garage-something that was not communicated until checkout!) Upon check in we were told we would be in a room with two double beds when we had booked a King; The woman at the desk apologized and said she would take care of it, but when we got to our room it was still two double beds...so we made our third trip to the front desk within 1 hour of check in, only to be told no King rooms were available, however this changed when we talked to the manager and we were finally given the room we booked. Room service was horribly overpriced and gave me food poisoning...NO vending machines and snacks provided in room were priced ridiculously. Nice resttaraunt and bar, but nightly filled with many business men in suits...making this young Pennsylvania couple feel very out of place! Whil a very clean and nice hotel with good location..would not stay again due to it being overpriced and not family oriented at all.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple