“Classic Cuban Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Classic Cuban Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This family friendly and casual restaurant serves traditional cuban foods that are delicious. Portions are large and prices are great. You can't go wrong with the Cuban sandwiche!

Visited March 2014

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Couldn't believe I just found this place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I've been living in JC for the 9 yrs and I don't understand why I didn't go to this place sooner!
If not for running marathons I may not have because of a runner we met, who introduced us to this place.
The food is here is really great. I particularly love the grilled skirt steak. It wasnt a perfect "rare" but it was juicy and tender. My daughter loved it, too! The price is very affordable that I decided this is the place to go if we want a simple, low-key dinner in town.
I also loved the tostones. It was my first time eating it on Friday and, my lawrd, I am hooked. The garlic dip was so yummm...
My husband had the grilled seabass and according to him, it was delish, too!
And I dont like beans but their black beans was just fabulous!
Service was great, as well, and not just one server attends to you, which makes this place special.
Highly recommended if youre ever in Jersey City!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank WanderingKaat
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Authenticity!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've been coming here since 1985 when I visit family in the neighborhood. Its grown from a cramped tiny cafe to a nice corner restaurant with a more upscale, remodled feel (& a slight increase in prices) However, this place still has the greatest selection and quality of Latin food (i.e. Cuban) I've had the pleasure to eat. I love their Cafe con leche, Cubano sandwiches, fresh squeezed juices and the interesting mix of patrons that float in out throughout the day. It remains a wonderful, full service restaurant with authentic, fresh food for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

• Visited July 2013
“Nice find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

We couldn't get into the place we wanted, tried this restaurant & we were pleasantly surprised. Tasty, interesting food at reasonable prices.

“Cuban treats, Congas sans Castro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Open the doors of La Conguita and you'll find a legion of fans enjoying solid home cooked Cuban food. This is not a fancy place nor a place that Jersey City hipsters have discovered (thankfully). La Conguita delivers on quality, price, and service. Begin your meal with an assortment of tasty fried morsels like the empanadas, papa rellena, or the croquetas de jamon. Each one a star in its own right. Heck, order doubles and take a Lipitor. Continue the adventure by contemplating the daily specials or simply ignore everything and head right for the pork. Lucy, I'm home! Let's Babalu. The pork, so revered in cuban cooking is tender and loaded with garlic, salt, pepper, and other spices that play beautifully with the accompanying rice, beans, and plantains. Wash this down with a bottle off the ridiculously inexpensive wine list that should embarrass other restaurants for their pricing. Look, the place isn't super fancy but it does have a have a nostalgic charm a sincerity that oozes. You feel good when you're here. I wish I had a place in my neighborhood that could put out food like this at Havana prices. What a steal! Go to La Conguita everyday of the week and try everything. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013