Just returned from 3 nights at the Marriott, traveling with a my pre-teenager (party of 2). Had a pleasant stay for about 350$ per night.
Hotel is conveniently located next to the PATH entry (60 sec walk, really) allowing you quick access to World Trade Center or a series of subways from 9th (or 14th?) to 33rd. Parking is 18$ per day with in and out privileges and the hotel is easy to access by car. Going to Times Squares and returning to the hotel with PATH and subways cost $10 pp. There are 5-10 restaurants near by, excluding those located in the food court of the mall a few hundred yards away (nicely located behind an office tower; you go through the office tower to enter the mall). The neighbourhood is crispy clean and you'll feel safe.
The rooms are usual Mariott standard: quiet, comfortable and clean. We asked for king size bed and we were lucky enough to get a room and a separate dining/living room with sink, microwave and mini-fridge (always good to get your fruits and veggies when traveling) with sofa and second tv. I also liked the fact that the vanity and bathroom sink where outside the washroom. We did not spend to much time in the room as we were blessed with great weather, but had we had rainy weather, we would not have minded staying-in a little more.
Hotel Services and activities
In all Mariott I stayed, breakfast was included. This was not the case. Still, the have something like a Premium Starbuck coffee on site open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They serve Starbuck coffee, but also have a reasonable meal offering for breakfast (eggs, bacon, cereals, bagels, pancakes or was it waffles?). I did not really look at the lunch and dinner items.
Swimming pool and fitness. No spa.
Facilities are ok. The pool and hot but are great when traveling with kids. Would have liked to have a spa or services for massage.
Paid approx. 350$ per night and consider it is good value for the location. Couryards are usually less expensive, but similar Manhattan hotels are at least 50-100$ more expensive, you won't get the pool and the city noise is likely to wake you up (or worse, wake up the kids) at 6:30am (that's from experience).
If you are taking a 1-2 nights romantic trip, going by air or train, than maybe it could be a good idea to consider Manhattan. If you're on a 3 or more days trip, with kids, you'll be extremely satisfied with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Jersey City Newport, a tranquil oasis near the excitement of the city, boasts the ideal location near New York City and all that it has to offer. As one of the premier Jersey City hotels near Hoboken, NJ, guests can take advantage of our close proximity to Newport Centre Mall and other popular area attractions. The update lobby at our Newport hotel features modern design, multifunctional common areas, and convenient amenities. Unique among hotels in Jersey City, our GoBoard(R) allows guests to stay current with the latest in entertainment, news, weather and airport conditions. As an added feature standing out from other Hoboken hotels, The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.(R) - serves fresh meals for guests to wine and dine with colleagues or friends and family. Our spacious accommodations feature contemporary design, luxury bedding, large work areas, and more. Guests will experience both the quality of a Marriott hotel and all of the comforts of home when staying at the Courtyard Jersey City Newport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Jersey City Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Jersey City Newport Hotel Jersey City
- Jersey City Courtyard
- Jersey City Marriott
- Courtyard Jersey City Newport New Jersey