Candlewood Suites Jersey City
US$234
US$212
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$203
RodewayInn
US$292
US$242
  • Room Service
Ramada Jersey City(Jersey City)
US$143
US$130
US$143
HIExpress.com
US$354
US$296
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewshonor systemfree laundryfull size refrigeratorexchange placelight railfront deskpath stationnew yorkseparate bedrooman extended stay hotelpots and pansfully equipped kitchenhudson riverminute walkgrocery storequeen bedsmall shop
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I stayed 5 nights on the east coast in late March, visiting some of our family in Hoboken. Since the latter sweet little burg has minimal accommodations, we elected Jersey City (NOT a sweet little burg) and settled in here. Plus factors: old but clean facilities, adequate kitchenette, comfortable bed, great staff, on-site convenience "store" and (while we were there, at least) quiet environment. Negatives: you're marooned in alt-Manhattan hotels and industrial park area, no decent eats or groceries in safe walking distance, poor maintenance (no-drain shower/tub, awful room temp controls, noisy refrigerator with no vent – so room overheats as fridge runs constantly) ... and the hallways are shedding old flakes of paint onto ancient, ruined carpeting. However, that said: if I were a business traveler with my own transportation, in need of a safe long-term bedroom with cooking facilities, I'd probably elect this hotel; it has great access to Manhattan via the Holland Tunnel and the PATH trains, and if you are not on a great expense account, you'll be glad you found Candlewood Suites. It's also child-friendly (big-screen TV, popcorn for the microwave, milk/OJ/cereals/pastries in the store, etc.) for parents on a budget. But for older guests in need of easy transportation, the cab fares do add up!

Room Tip: The higher, the better; light-rail runs in front of the building, but we were on 6th floor, windows double-glazed, I think; that noise didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear GrannieFrannie007,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was my first time staying in Jersey City and Candlewood. The hotel is near the water and depending on the room, you get a view of NYC. Hotel is close to Holland Tunnel and a short walk to the Path. On weekends, the Path does not run from Exchange toto WTC, so we walked a short distance to the Newport station. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It was nice to have a kitchen as well. There is parking available for $10/day. The wired internet connection was reliable and met expectations. I'll definitely stay at Candlewood again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marie T
fracel a, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Marie,

Thank you for your positive feedback. Rest assured I will share this with my team and we will continue to strive for excellent customer service.

We hope to see you again soon!

Fracel M. Agapito, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Room- Good, Location- Good, Customer Service- Ok. Wifi weak. PATH station to go to NYC and Hoboken is nearby. There is shuttle service from the hotel to reach PATH if you are visiting in cold. But its value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Dhaval K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate issues with the WiFi prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed in an affordable and great suite here. Great bedrooms and kitchen with every amenity. The location was amazing- we were staying here- to visit Manhattan which is easily accessible by a PATH train which you can walk to from the hotel (or there's a free shuttle) It's a busy place, the staff in the lobby are always very busy- but also so helpful and friendly. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
fracel a, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you so much! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, especially the great room and amazing front desk staff. We hope you travel back again to Jersey City and be sure to let us know so we can try our best to accommodate your favorite room.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I travel alot for my work and this is the first time i have stayed in Jersey City and at the Candlewood Suites.
I arrived late and the reception staff were welcoming, offered great customer service honoured my requests of a quite room and generally made me feel welcome.
As i am on UK time i went to have a bath this morning at a ridiculous time, but the water was cold. I went down to reception to discuss this and the staff were helpful and explained its because i am the first person up. They also offered me free bagels for my breakfast.
I have to stay this place is really welcoming and a nice change to stay in a self contained 'suite' rather than a hotel. I can eat what i want, when i want and not get charged ridiculous room service fees.

I will definatley stay here again.

Room Tip: remember to bring some coffee with you!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you for the great feedback about your recent stay with us especially the hospitality of my front desk staff. Looking forward to visit us again.