We just returned from a 3 weeks trip to the USA and last stop was this place. We had booked the weeked special for their smaller rooms, telling that we might extend our stay, but when we did, we had to upgrade to the real suite for the last two days, being told that no smaller rooms were free. The prices were much higher, at first +$90/night, but then reduced with 20$ when the staff asked if I had an AAA card and then accepted my European sister org. card. I had seen a lower price on the web before we left, but didn't bring a computer to check if it was the best price at that time. The kitchenette was good, even if we would have loved a toaster owen instead of the regular microwave, to be able to really cook more. The bathrooms were ok, but could have used more hooks to hang towels, since they don't change them more than once a week unless you change them at the reception. The rack was over the top of the toilet and didn't give much space to hang anything. The beds seem all to be pretty small, what was a double in other hotels, and they were also a bit too firm to our taste. Only two pillows on the bed, with a single without a cover in the closet of the first room wasn't impressive. Lots of taxes gets added on as well, so for an European, having both states tax, room tax and a city tax added was pretty bad, it added more than 10 % to the bill. A mention of what it would be on their web site and on check in would be good. We also had a charge to our room from the cupboard honour system that wasn't belonging to us and my husband observed someone else complain about similar issues when he was down in the reception on another occation. It is pretty easy to get to the PATH Exchange station, and free parking is a bonus, but the next time I will compare with the Hyatt that is right by the PATH, not a few blocks to walk away from it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home bedding collection.The Candlewood Suites Jersey City is the only all suites hotel in the heart of the financial district of Jersey City, 214 suites, 8 floors, conveniently located near Harborside Financial Center, Exchange Place and Newport Financial Center. If New York City is your destination, the hotel is conveniently located between Exchange Place and Pavonia Path Stations. These trains will take you directly to midtown or lower Manhattan. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over-sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, our hotel can offer you the best value in the Jersey City and New York City area.Check out our special 'City Pass Package', which focuses on making your New York vacation more affordable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Jersey City Hotel Jersey City
- Candlewood Jersey City
- Jersey City Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Jersey City New Jersey