“Stunning view and affordable prices”

NYC-JC Guest Suites
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My family stayed in a two bedroom apartment on the 44th floor of 70 Greene Street, and a Studio apartment 34 floor of Liberty Towers. Both apartments have a magnificent view of the Manhattan skyline towards the Empire State Building. They were both cleaned and ready when we arrived and was fully furnished, including washer / dryer and kitchen with appliances. Kelly picked us up at the airport, and on our way to the apartments she gave us some good advice on areas to visit while in NJ and NC. Very helpful! The apartments are just a short walk from the PATH train at Exchange Place or the ferry pier that takes you over to WTC. After long days on Manhattan it was relaxing to come back to NJ, with the grocery store on the corner and a handful of restaurants in a quiet setting just a block away. All in all this was a very pleasant "hotel" stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on north-west corner gets a nice view of Manhattan towards Empire State Building The A/C unit...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband, 2 sons (40 yrs old) and myself stayed here for 6 nights and found it to be almost perfect . We had flown into JFK and had already booked our transfer with Carmel which was good. Unfortunately, we could not open our door on arrival as the security latch had somehow come across but this was sorted out fairly quickly. We were very impressed with our 3 bed roomed apartment. Fantastic views across to Manhattan from the 39th floor, corner apartment. Loved the peace and quiet here. The nearby light railway was perfect for getting around locally. The ferry across to Manhattan was close by and we preferred using this to the Path train, even though this was a lot cheaper to use.
Now for the negatives, which are few and far between. Whilst the master bedroom and en suite was perfect, in both twin rooms it was not possible to use the wardrobes as the bed blocked access to them. This meant that my boys could not hang anything up, which was a pain as we were there for 6 nights. Also, whilst the apartment had most things that we needed, there was no safety box for our valuables. However, the biggest bugbear of all was that there were no cleaning products. Nothing to clean the toilet,sinks, baths or work tops. I wouldn't have expected to have to buy such things to keep THEIR apartment clean. There was also only 1 tea towel. Very strange!

Room Tip: Opt for a high floor, corner apartment if possible.
Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed in 70 Greene Street for 8 nights. The self catering apartment was clean, tidy, well furnished and equipped. As we were in a corner unit on the 34th floor, there was a fantastic view across to Mid and Lower Manhattan especially at dawn. The concierge was polite and helpful in providing information about the local area. The managing agents were exemplary in dealing with minor issues we had like additional bed-covers, a faulty hairdryer and faulty lamps. They even responded to our email at 11.00pm! A word of warning to smokers. They enforce a strict no smoking policy.

There is a well equipped gym on the 11th floor with an outdoor pool and recreational area for sunbathing or a barbecue.

The locale is quiet and suburban more suited to an escape from the bustle of Manhattan. There are more restaurants about 15 minutes walk away at Grove Street. A block away was the local City Diner which provided good value for money. A few minutes away tare fantastic views of Manhattan by the waterfront at Exchange Place

70 Greene Street is about 2 blocks away from Exchange Place Path station. This links Newark to the World Trade Centre or 33rd Street in Manhattan. Journey times to the WTC was about 7 minutes and 40 minutes or so to 33rd Street.

If arriving from JFK or La Guardia, unless using public transport, be prepared to sit in the notorious New York traffic during the rush hour (not unlike the large parking lot that encircles London!) It took two and a half hours from JFK to get to Jersey City. If arriving from Newark, then it is a short journey to Newark Penn station and catching the Path train to Exchange Place.

When we next visit New York, we would love to stay at 70 Greene Street!

Room Tip: we stayed in 3404 a corner aprtment
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stay here for over a week and everybody wants to come back. This was perfect for our vacation. When we check in we meet a service minded man (Andrew) that show us everything and also gave us really good tips about New York.

We had a 2 rooms suite that are located in the 44th floor. This apartment have everything and have a good looking modern design. Really lovely apartment and also the best view i have seen located in a city of Jersey. If you want to New York/New Jersey i strongly recommend you to live here. It is just 5 minutes walk to the Path that take you over to New York. (Takes 5 min).

I will come back to NYC-JC suites. It was a really good experience.
Thank you for the perfect stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed only two nights here and it was absolutely fabulous! The views are spectacular and the rooms are very very spacious and very well equipped.

The building is very well positioned and close to the path. There is a store just beneath the apartment and we could buy everything we need there and eat in the room! Best chicken we had in the USA!

My only advise would to have the check in at the building instead of somewhere else but we were driven to the building that we stayed in and we had a great time. We actually stayed in one entire day and did not even leave the room!

The tv had all the best channels and internet was fast end easy to access, that helped a lot!

Thank you very much!

E

Room Tip: Best value for money and spectacular views!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The owner called shortly before our arrival, saying that they had to cancel - even though I'd payed the entire stay months ago. So expect surprises - like getting a heart attack 'cause you suddenly have no place to stay! Rooms look nice, though.

• Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank Kim L
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed at a 1BR at 70 Greene St. The room was nice, the generic IKEA furnishings kind of nice but fine.

In January, with temperatures below zero, the heat did not work for two nights. I was there on business and exhausted so I took all the extra blankets and tried my best to sleep as I returned to the hotel late in the evening and there is no front desk to speak of. They also have to make an 'appointment' to charge for the room which is very inconvenient when you're there on business and they called and emailed constantly reminding me to pay them.

I had a cigarette in the room next to the window and left it on the ledge because I did not want to throw it out the window, and yes it is a non-smoking room. They let maintenance into my room without notifying me at all and charged me $250 for smoking. I can understand the charge, but how they handled it was completely unacceptable. The property manager phoned me and *lectured* me for 30 minutes after I answered telling him I was in a meeting; they can charge me or they can lecture me but both I found too much.

I mentioned the two nights without heat and the fact they they allowed people into the room (which has no safe) without my permission. They blamed Hurricane Sandy for the heat problem (which it wasn't-- they ran out of oil) and continued to lecture me as if I was a teenager. They continued to send 'reminders' about smoking while I stayed there and I checked out a day early to avoid further abuse, which they did not credit me for. It was the rudest most dishonest treatment I'd ever seen-- and this is Jersey City.

Room Tip: Stay at a real hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Chinatown
Hotel 50 Bowery NYC
Hotel 50 Bowery NYC
#4 of 469 in New York City

Been to NYC-JC Guest Suites? Share your experiences!