“Ehhh OK”

Ranked #262 of 616 Restaurants in Jersey City
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: South Asian/ Indian comfort food. Food that's staple to everyone from the Indian subcontinent, Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. 100% Halaal meat, open very late every night. We deliver and cater to all sorts of in house and out door events. The best way to summarize our place is, " Simple, honest, unpretentious Indian comfort food, served till very late every night, at a very economical price".
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I would rate the food as OK.
We were in the mood for some parathas and hence headed out for this one as this is supposed to be a Paratha special place.
However was not so impressed by it and would say its just Okay.
I have had way better Parathas.
We tried 5 different types of parathas and none was like exceptional.
You can try it to get a rough taste of parathas. Its not bad so I wont say don't go.
The service is pathetic though. We had to ask them repeatedly to get us some achar (pickle which is supposed to be default with parathas at any palce) and ghee (butter).
Just for the service, I would say, go to this place only if you have a very high craving for how parathas taste, else just avoid.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

There is an excellent choice of parathas well made and at reasonable prices. Railway curries are also good. Their chai (indian tea) is also pretty good. Seating space is fine. Parking is always an issue at Newark Avenue but sometimes off street parking is available here. There is an inexpensive parking lot in the area.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Round the clock place, my wife keeps going back for their egg bhurji. I'd recommend their sheekh kebab. Good menu, reasonably priced, and good variety if you're into paranthas and north indian comfort food.

1  Thank Spamwall
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

I was craving indian food but not crazy spicy. I noticed this restaurant because of the very large windows and decided to go in. I asked the waiter if there are mild entrees he said yes. So I gave it a chance. What I love about this place:
1-The waiters are very kind, observant, hospitable, very catering towards their customers. I didn't have to look around for a waiter ever!
2-The front of the house is very clean. Especially the BATHROOM (womans). Very clean!
3-I know this may not mean a big deal to some consumers but I LOVE the fact that there is a pitcher of water at your table. Not only can you help yourself to water but when the waiters help you at your table they notice your needs and even fill your cup of water for you knowing very well that you can do it yourself, means a lot to me when it comes to customer service. Another small detail that consumers tend to overlook is that if you have an empty dish on your table the waiter comes by and askes if he may take the empty dish from you. I'm not sure if its all the waiters but this one waiter in particular did. He is great. But overall they all are! One of the main reasons I would come back. Ill get his name next time and update the reviewers.
4-Lastly, the food. Well, its pretty darn good. And so filling! You can easily share your meal. You can ask for your meals to be mild, medium, hot. As fpr me I always ask for mild and its always good. Its actually not hot at all.My fiancè always orders medium and well medium is rather hot for even my fiancè but she says its still awsome! I also love the fact that they serve these little fried chip like apps. I LOVE restaurants who give you complimentary food while you wait. They even give you a refill if you're finished with the chips! Oh did I mention the PRICE is just right!

This is my first review I've ever written on a restaurant, it means a lot when you take your time to write something. So this was well deserved. I am very impressed and am craving going to paratha juntion right now. I mean they are open till 5am on weekends! Yet another bonus! Hope you give it a try. Good food, good service, good atmosphere, good price! What more could you want when you just want to eat out!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I have been there few times now. I always thought I would give them good reviews. But not anymore. Food is not good. Yesterday I was there with my cousins and some food was left. I asked them to pack which they did.
When I came back home I opened the boxes and very interesting thing happened.
They packed the curry for chicken but they took out the pieces of chicken. And they did not give us another box of chicken which probably they kept it with themselves.
And the service is slow and music is always loud. Well I do not wish to go back there.