“It's a good JC local place to experience”
Review of Boca Grande - CLOSED

Boca Grande
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Newport Parkway
Transit: Boca Grande is one block north of the Newport Path station, and two blocks north of the Newport light rail station.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a local JC joint owned by JC residents. Great happy hour specials. Good entertainment when they have bands etc. Food is Mexican and decent basic stuff, but don't expect gourmet. Remember it is JC.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

When the hostess (with really bad attitude), the table was really dirty, with rest of food! Oh, nobody was there before, place was empty! I told her it was dirty and she said they would clean! The music was nothing but a noise, and really loud! When some guy came to "clean" the table, he used some dirty and smelly cloth and we literally got nauseous! Well, it was a really bad 10min experience! Specially when they say that they are very quick and we could be eating in 5min!!! What??? Horrible!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Theme: Dia de los muertos (Day of the dead) yet surprisingly not gloomy with the cheery colored walls and friendly staff. The staff were all "gringos" so I was worried about what the food would be like. There was definitely some magic happening in the kitchen- this ended up being some of the richest latin food I have ever had! Salsa- delish. Burritos- all huge and delish. If you like corn you have to get the "elotes callejeros"- the best $3 you will ever eat!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Had a late lunch here on a Saturday afternoon, the place was pretty dead, and we sat outside and were the only ones there. Very nice waiter, very attentive. He knew the menu well and made good suggestions. We had fish tacos and the mexican burger and both were very good and fresh. The chipotle fries were excellent, real handcut fries, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Guacamole was very good as well. Overall a nice experience, and I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I haven't been here in a while, but when I have been in the past, I've found it to be rather loud. The food is okay but not so good that I would ignore the loudness and inability to actually converse with my husband over dinner.