“Surprise in Jersey City”

Hyatt Regency Jersey City
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Jersey City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Carlsbad, California
“Surprise in Jersey City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

It was scheduled to speak at a customer event in this Hyatt hotel in Jersey and was pleasantly surprised by the nice facility and view as well as excellent service. In addition to the normal great service, the staff helped me ship something home by FEDEX and made sure it was sent the day of arrival.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bronx, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt on the Hudson as a small way to celebrate our recent marriage and civil ceremony. The food was great, the hotel is clean and extremely affordable and upon arriving they provided us with a complimentary upgrade to one of the best rooms in the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to stay in the NYC area and get a quality hotel experience for a fraction of the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Yamarie N,

Congratulations on you special day and thank you for sharing with us!

Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great location near PATH train to NY City; great views of New york and Statue of Liberty; right on the water. Helpful staff. Room with two doubles had a counch that accomodated third child very comfortably.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Derek R
Montclair, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I travel to Jersey City on a regular basis and stay at the Hyatt Regency JC about 45 days per year, while on business.

I really love the location and the activity around the hotel. I love the lobby, and the Vu Restaurant. I like the gym and the pool too. Very well cared for and up to date. Room service is superb. The food is always hot and good, and the delivery time is always faster then they quote.

I am regularly disappointed with some of the arrival services. The bellman are very busy with the valet parking and do not regularly offer to assist with luggage. I have gotten caught in the revolving door with my bag on more than one occassion. It could have been avoided if someone had offered to help me. The wind is strong at the entrance and it is difficult to open the non revolving doors. Oh and that driveway is like a speedway - be very careful when walking out of the property and head to the street - cars come speeding in, and speeding out, and there are a couple of blind spots. - I wouldn't be surprised if there have been a number of pedestrians struck by cars in that driveway.

The desk staff are pleasant, but under pressure, as they are very busy and have little time to make small talk or even ask if the guests have a preference. I frequent the hotel regularly and never once has anyone ever remembered that I come a lot. I know there are a lot of guests, but there are other properties that I stay at that do acknowledge that I am a frequent guest. I would imagine there is a computer program that can prompt the desk staff if a frequent guest is checking in. It isn't a big deal, but it is a nice touch, and I notice that it doesn't happen here, but other hotels will comment, oh, you are back again, or something like that.

I have been placed in the room under the ballroom on more than one occassion. The wedding noise is extremely loud, but it does end by 11. The problem with this ballroom is not the wedding noise, but the noise that comes at 2:30 / 3:00 am when they come in to clean. They play music and the vacuum cleaning/rug cleaning floor cleaning machines are loud.

I have also been placed below the lobby - these rooms are dreadful. The internet reception is next to nothing down there. The windows also are on sidewalk level to the public so they can see right in the room unless shades are fully drawn. In previous reviews folks have said every room has a view. Well, I have been placed in a room with no view of any water - this is one on the 4th floor on the north side, towards the street, not the river. The room faced a wall, and the building jutted out at the corner blocking any view. The only thing visible is Harborside Financial center to your left.

I have noticed that they stopped providing toothpaste as a toilietry amenity. That was nice, particularly since it I regularly loose my toothpaste at the airport if it is too big.

I still keep coming back - so no doubt that I like it - I just wish I could LOVE it.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 8th floor unless you like noise overhead. The noise comes from the bal...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelDaisy1
TravelDaisy1,

We absolutely want you to LOVE it so please contact me at megan.gederian@hyatt.com so I can attached all your preferences. Hope to hear from you soon!

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I'll start by saying that the staff is really what makes this hotel. Everyone we encountered was super friendly and helpful, from the bellmen to the maids. We were very impressed. The hotel's location is drop dead gorgeous, spend some time in the lobby looking out the windows! We had a great view in our room, too (856). That being said, the hotel was not without some faults. The lobby is very bland and needs some renovations. Our room, while renovated, could use some pain t and the carpet was coming up in a few places. The beds were also not very comfortable. The pool and fitness center are small but adequate, to be expected in a business hotel. Overall a good stay, we will be back!

Room Tip: The higher the better! I wouldn't pay extra for a better view, all the views are pretty stunning...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Westford, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel is built on a pier on the Hudson River across from World Trade Center. The location is fantastic, peaceful and the view is spectacular. To see Freedom Tower lit in red-white-blue at night was breathtaking. I took a basic room and the view from there was just ok because it was partially blocked. The room was clean, comfortable and had good décor. The lounge has a great view. The drinks and food are excellent, but they were understaffed both times we went. They gave us a free round of drinks both times to compensate for it. I would return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

The rooms are spaceous and for the most, clean. I've found hairs in the bathroom a few times, leading me to complain to management about this ongoing issue. However the staff are always kind to react swiftly without Any problems. The breakfast is good, offering a Nice variety of healthy as Well as sinful treats. The staff are immaculate and i always feel welcome. I Am a frequent visitor, I just wish they Would pay more attention to cleaning the bathroom properly. Because it is a really Nice hotel with a good ambience.

• Stayed May 2013
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
ibizagirliedk,

As a frequent visitor, I apologize that this is an ongoing issue for you but we truly appreciate your feedback. This will only hope us to improve and I hope that next visit we meet those expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jersey City
#5 of 13 in Jersey City
The Holland Hotel
The Holland Hotel
#4 of 13 in Jersey City

Been to Hyatt Regency Jersey City? Share your experiences!