US$276
  • Restaurant
US$142
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

Candlewood Suites Jersey City(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$154
CandlewoodSuites
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

US$186
US$167
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$262/night.

The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$159
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

Hyatt House Jersey City(Jersey City)
US$290
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
US$110
EconoLodge
US$173
Wyndham Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Haiban Inn(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
Courtyard
  • Pool
3,127 results
All reviewsvu restaurantstatue of libertyhudson rivermanhattan skylinepath trainnew yorkgreat viewlower manhattanthe world trade centerfreedom towerright next doorexchange place pathwater taxithe empire state buildingvalet parkinginto nyceasy access
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'm afraid to recommend this hotel because I don't want it to become too crowded for me . . . it is superior in every way. The service is the best. The food is great and the location and rooms are perfect. The gym is good if you want it and there is a place to park. YOu can ask for no more.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel last week. Although the lobby and reception area is under renovation it is right on the river and very convenient to the path. I was upgraded to a large room that overlooked the water and it was just OK. My windows leaked during the very big rain storm and nothing could be done except put a towel on the ledge so it could soak up the rain. My room needed new carpet and a good paint job (or wallpaper) but other parts of the hotel are in need of renovation too as the carpet in the common areas should be replaced and I think a fresh coat of paint will help. I will return again because I am a loyal Hyatt diamond member and this hotel is priced right and convenient to Wall Street. I think after some renovations it will be like it use to be.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the water are very good size. The breakfast was very good and the staff helpful and professional.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

When I checked in at the start of a demanding 5-day business trip, I had no way of knowing that the hotel staff was putting me in a room right above construction of a new facility in the hotel. I was baffled by the odd noises but they generally subsided by 8:00 in the evening.

But what I finally realized towards the end of my stay was that there was something in the air in my room that was making me feel ill. I thought maybe I was fighting off a cold, but on the last evening of my stay I called down to the lobby to inquire about the noise. That's when I heard for the first time about the construction taking place right below my room.

So now I finally understood why my throat felt congested and my lungs enflamed in the evenings after I got back to the hotel, and why I was waking up with dark circles under my eyes every morning. So at least I now knew why I had been struggling with my energy at work every day.

I'm disappointed that the hotel staff didn't alert me at checkin that the room was immediately above the construction, especially since rooms were available on other floors. And when I mentioned the problem to the hotel staff, little more was offered than an expression of sympathy.

In fairness, I don't expect any real compensation from Hyatt for unintentionally causing my week to be so much tougher than it had to be. But on the other hand, I would have welcomed a more sincere apology -- something that would have indicated that the hotel genuinely cares about the well-being of its guests.

Room Tip: Avoid construction areas in the hotel!
1  Thank JonathanLehr
Christopher F, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

JonathanLehr,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us as it is important for us to improve the quality of stay for our guests.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with us. We were undergoing a renovation in our lobby which we just completed. If you are interested in returning to our hotel please feel free to contact me directly at Chris.Friedemann@hyatt.com.

Chris Friedemann

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times so I know things used to be different.

Today, at breakfast, the table tops looked dirty and greasy. The silver ware tired and lusterless. And the glassware looked like something out of my grandma's cabinet - scratched and worn.

My television faded in and out and buzzed.

The restaurant and bar opened at odd hours, and only then after 15-20 minutes later.

The hotel is your basic Hyatt, and the bonus is the view. But for the money, unless they fix these basic problems, I'll be staying somewhere else when I visit Jersey City.

1  Thank Colin C
Christopher F, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Colin C,

Thank you for your feedback. In regards to the Vu Restaurant, the presentation is unacceptable and the F&B management team has been made aware. The TV quality in the room is one of our top priorities and I am happy to let you know we recently have upgraded to HD.

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Jersey City Hyatt. I stay at many hotels and this one has great service, friendly, helpful staff and scrumptious food. I highly recommend it. The room was clean, well appointed and the bedding was so very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels