“A great view from the room & bar”

Hyatt Regency Jersey City
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent, it sits opposite the WTC 1 tower & is just 5 mins from WTC by PATH train. Lovely boardwalk beside hotel to walk & soak in Manhattan skyline.Tip: only buy 1 PATH card per family ( these are $5 each) and have some cash as you can't use outside US credit cards in the machines-you need a US zip code to validate entry, not exactly overseas friendly-same apply's to Metro cards in NYC. Had dinner in bar one night, vastly overpriced for boring old burgers & fries, same goes for beer!!($7). Had 4 persons sharing a double room, was comfortable, clean and had best sleeps of our 31/2 week holiday in this hotel. Bathroom was fine with enough towels & toiletries for 4 & housekeeping visited each day.
For me its all about the location & value associated with it, also ease of access from Newark Liberty. All food & beverages are overpriced, so don't plan on eating/ drinking there. Interactions with staff were pleasant & they were extremely helpful when a mishap occurred during our stay. Was an issue with being charged twice for one item at checkout, but I think this has been resolved.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Carmel H

Reviewed 3 July 2014

While the hotel is beautiful and convenient, the fact that the business office was closed and that there is no shuttle to/from the airport was troubling. Just check to see that the business office is open before you come.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is my second stay at this Hyatt location and find that it is my preferred hotel when visiting the New York area. The accommodations and service are top notch as well the wait staff in its restaurants. I am looking forward to returning here next year.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Luxury accommodations with stunning view. Daughter wanted to use business center but the business center was like a storage closet. As close as you can get to Manhattan without staying on the island. Easy and inexpensive access across Hudson River via ferry or train. Valet parking much less than Manhattan rates. Quality food from lounge/restaurant not too highly priced with well prepared healthy choices. An included breakfast would be a welcome addition to this package. Highly recommend if you are traveling with a large SUV, want upgraded/luxury accommodations, and you are comfortable with public transportation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had a block of rooms here for my wedding, and it was a disaster.

My wedding was at Liberty House in JC, and I was excited to have my block at this lovely waterfront hotel with sweeping views of lower Manhattan.

I worked with Adam Lopez, an incompetent and unpleasant sales manager throughout the planning process. Suffice to say, some people are not built to work in customer-facing roles, and Adam falls squarely in to this camp.

One of the first issues I encountered was the hotel's practice to charge a $2 fee for each welcome bag you prepare for your guests. They don't give these to guests upon check-in, as is a standard practice in most hotels. Instead, they have a concierge delivery service that drops off once guests have checked in. If the guest goes out for the evening, puts up a "do not disturb" sign, or sleeps through the delivery, you are out of luck, even though you pre-pay for this inconvenient, ill-conceived concept. I was concerned about this method of delivery from the start and the potential for something to go awry. Included in our bags were welcome cards that we paid to design and have professionally printed that included important information (chief among this being event times/locations/directions, along with shuttle information on where and when this would pick up our guests who were dependent upon this for transportation to our wedding events).

Adam assured me that the cards would be given to guests upon check in, and he would personally ensure their delivery so there would be no confusion on the shuttles or event timing (the bag delivery would follow from there). In spite of his many assurances, ultimately we paid for a service that the Hyatt team was unable to deliver on. I received at least a dozen calls the night before the wedding from friends and family who hadn't received their welcome cards or bags and were unsure of where they needed to be and when (my sister and parents were among those who didn't receive either of these). At a time when I should have been excited and relaxed, the team failed to deliver and I found myself in my room at 12:30 am the night before my wedding firing off angry emails to the broader Hyatt team noting the widespread breakdown in their system. Unacceptable that it was even an issue.

Beyond the disaster that we dealt with on the bag/card coordination, my room was next to a room with loud children where the noise level continued well past 1:00 am (security was unhelpful in resolving). This was particularly frustrating because I upgraded my room, only to be next to the most disruptive neighbors I have ever encountered in a hotel. My parents also noted that their room was beneath one of the hotel's ballrooms, and there was very loud moving of furniture beginning at 5:00 am both on the Saturday and Sunday of my wedding weekend.

After I returned from my overseas honeymoon, I had a few voicemails from Leila (Adam's boss) who reached out to me to apologize profusely for the debacle we endured. She acknowledged that her team's handling of my block was disastrous but assured me that it was "the exception, not the rule". Glad to know they get it right, just not for me. In an attempt to make it right, she gave me points to my Hyatt account. While I appreciated the gesture and her professionalism, it was too little too late

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Theresa S
Sam X, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Good evening Theresa,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City. Our priority to provide our Guests with exceptional service and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion. I know that this was a special day for you and the last thing you needed was the stress of having to figure out the little details of delivering the gift bags and other things. I am sorry that you did not receive our normal high standard of service. Please contact me directly via email at Sam.Xhemajli@Hyatt.com if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Sam Xhemajli

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Hyatt Regency on the Hudson is a beautiful hotel! Even though my stay was for business, I felt like I was on a vacation! I love the bed, I slept like a baby. The customer service is outstanding! I will be back next year!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great view but thats it. They have bottled water in the room for $3.00. The menu for food is crazy expensive. The hotel staff have NO CLUE about directions or where something is so dont even ask. Every time we asked someone in the hotel for directions they had no clue we got different answers all the time. They were doing construction and one man said the pool is closed found out at checkout it wasnt... the beds were small wish they had 2 queens instead of 2 full size and a couch.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Residence Inn by Marriott Jersey City
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#4 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to Hyatt Regency Jersey City? Share your experiences!