“The hotel has no one to assist you with carrying your...”
Review of Ramada Jersey City

Ramada Jersey City
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Jersey City
“The hotel has no one to assist you with carrying your...”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel has no one to assist you with carrying your luggage. Elevator is sooo slow.
Buffet breakfast is fine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Jersey City
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The staff was wonderful. Courteous and helpful. The only negative was there was a whole in my blanket that seemed a bit creepy. But great staff and a clean room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is a great location, very near the Journal Square PATH into NYC (my purpose for staying was to be a tourist in NYC, staying at a reasonable rate). However, I'm not sure I would stay again, because:
* The HVAC (heating) system was so noisy that it woke me up repeatedly, even with wearing earplugs.
* When I checked my bags with the front desk on my final day, they had me store and retrieve my bags (gave me access to the storage room w/a key), and did *not* check my claim tickets against my bag. Perhaps they normally check, but they didn't in my case. I find this very unusual for a hotel.
* The gap under my door was large enough that when people were outside my room at 1 AM I could hear them (even with earplugs in), and that woke me up.
* Finally, when I took my shower at 10 AM on a Monday, there was *no* hot water for about 5 minutes. I almost gave up, and finally got to take a barely-warm shower that I kept as brief as possible (I don't take hot showers, so my needs aren't for all that warm).

Otherwise, the hotel is fine. The staff is nice, the breakfast is good for being included in the price, it was otherwise quiet enough for its location, etc.

[p.s.: I may have posted a similar review under an account that got created for me when I clicked on a link the hotel sent to review. I'm working on deleting that, and have no intent to 'stuff' the review box w/more than one review.]

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, and hope you don't need to use the HVAC system.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

The Westin Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#4 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to Ramada Jersey City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Jersey City

Property: Ramada Jersey City
Address: 65 Tonnele Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306-5412
Region: United States > New Jersey > Jersey City
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Best Value Hotel in Jersey City
#6 Family Hotel in Jersey City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada Jersey City 2*
Our hotel is 100 percent Non Smoking and we are conveniently located in the heart of Jersey City just one block away from The New Jersey Path Train station and bus transportation center, Journal Square. This Path Station offers a train that will take you right into the heart of Manhattan in 15 minutes. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Limited Jersey City