“Nice little hotel”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
London
“Nice little hotel”
Reviewed 15 May 2006

I had my reservations about staying off Manhattan but the city had priced me off the island. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly and accommodating. For only $3 round trip I was in Manhattan and the Path station was an easy walk from the hotel. I love the Village and could get there in around 8 mins, which is quicker than coming from the Upper West Side, where I usually stay.

The rooms were spacious and the breakfast a nice touch. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2005
6 Thank Claire71london

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Denver, CO
Reviewed 9 May 2006

Take NO ONES ADVICE MORE SERIOUSLY than the governments oversight on this property!
Call the New Jersey Health Department, Jersey City NJ. to verify the veracity of the RODENT complaints. I am the individual who wrote the original review - and it is the absolute truth!!
In additon, call or go online for the Better Business Bureau complaint as well. Complaint is still pending.
This is a MOUSE and COCKROACH infested property - multiplied by managments refusal to take the problem seriously! All other issues related to this property are INCONSEQUENTIAL compared to the seriousness of this on going health problem.

Hey, its only YOUR health - Think about it!!

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
13 Thank usmale002

Travellers are raving about these Jersey City hotels

jersey city
Reviewed 3 May 2006

I stay at the ramada jersey city. my stay was so wonder full. the staff was so professional. and the manager was alway willing to assit us. the breakfast was one of a kind. Yes the building is old but well maintained(manhattan style). Every one was always willing to help me in everyway possible.

And another thing the three review from the bottom as very false. One day when i was on the van, there where some flight attendent from continental airline saying they were moving out from the hotel because the were raising the rent. and that they where going to hurt the hotel, with bad reviews.I believe it is very cowardly of these people to degrade a hotel who give customers a high customer service and amenties. i am a person who travel all aroung the world stay at various hotels. So in conclusion dont let cowardly, sore flight attendent impack your chose in hotels.I believe some of the have nothing else to do then to complain.

I would reconmend this hotel to anyone. And when i get home i will tell every one about this little but great hotel.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
9 Thank nemo0021
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 April 2006

Early in the day of our stay I saw a cockroach in our room - then I noticed our room had mice droppings in the drawers. In the middle of the night I had to use the b-room and saw several mice scurrying about. I called the front desk and was told there was no one to take care of it and she couldn't authorize another room - under instructions of the Management. She would get in trouble if she did! The sweet thing feared for her job. The next day we spoke with the General Manager and we appaled by her lack of interest AND her refusal to give us another room.
The locals told us it used to be a homeless shelter, riddled with crime. Rodents run rampant here. We cancelled our stay and immediately left.
IF YOU SLEEP WELL WITH RODENTS - SLEEP HERE!!!!

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed 10 April 2006

My husband surprised my for our 5th anniversary with my first ever trip to New York City. Since I work for the Ramada Inn in Ithaca, I tend to be overly critical of hotels, and I expect a lot! The staff was very friendly and very helpful about how to get around on the PATH trains, the General Manager even came out of her office to chat a bit - very nice touch! The room was spacious and imaculate. The shower was very interesting - so BIG! I mentioned it was my anniversary, to the front desk, when we returned from the city, there was a nice little bottle of wine and a lovely card from the staff wishing us a happy anniversary, as well as a bottle of water. We were so pleasantly surprised! The Hotel was quiet, the continental breakfast was great, but the staff was what made this trip so special. I recommend this hotel to everyone planning a trip to the city who doesn't want to pay the city rates! Thank you, great job everyone!

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank IthacaChickyChick
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 February 2006

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Ramada and it was awesome. Were only 20 and were young and like to party so we needed to save money for NY...It was very cheap concidering the prices in NYC and it was probably better than what we would have gotten there. We stayed for only one night but it was a good time. The PATH train was like 2 blocks away and took us right into New York..so we could come and go as we needed just as easy as being in NY. We needed to stay here because we wanted to get out for a weekend getaway and we are bookin for sat. n sun. the 11th and 12th for valentines day since we both work tues. I'm sure we'll have an excellent time..also i heard they have a great continental breakfast so we'll be sure to check that out this time..enjoy we did and will!

L.M. New Jersey

• Stayed February 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
U.S.A.
Reviewed 22 November 2005

Stayed 5 days at $120 in November 2005. The same priced room in midtown Manhattan would probably have cockroaches if not bedbugs, so this did the job, even though in midtown America the room was worth maybe $40 or $50. The key is that a busy PATH station (Journal Square) is about 1/8 mile away. I'd be concerned after dark so I didn't take the "shortcut" across the street, and the next-door 2 or 3 houses looked shady, but otherwise it's ideal. The walk is well lit.

Staff seemed friendly and reliable. Shuttle to/from Newark Airtrain was frequent, comfortable, reliable. Group continental breakfast is nice. TV has 3 or 4 HBO in about 20 channels (bring your own newspaper guide).

Negative: some room doors have newspaper-width space at bottom which lets in noise. Small refrigerator did not work in 2 rooms though reported (I moved to a "quieter" room). Ground level rooms get more noise and I'd request a higher floor.

Unless you're the nervous type and might be outdoors after midnight, this is a very good value for commuting to Manhattan.

4 Thank LarryP