“A BIG HIT WITH ME & MINE!”

The Murder Mystery Company in New Jersey
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Having attended countless Murder Mysteries in my lifetime I knew what to expect and I also know it all starts with the actors. They didn't disappoint! The MC who drove the show was outstandingly personable. The mood was jovial, hip and loose from the get-go and the way the evening was set up from the group photo, the way everyone was encouraged to participate and to the very nice meal and murder resolution made this the biggest bargain of all the mysteries I've been to. I wish them much success. They deserve it! This would be a great date night!

2  Thank WallyMoon77

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The location is in jersey city, and for the uninitiated is a rough neighborhood. Parking is offered on the side of the restaurant for 8$. The actors definently stayed in character throughout the night. Kaleef was easily the best of the 3. He was also the main investigator. The food was good, the drinks strong and expensive. I used a living social deal so it was substantially cheaper. Overall it took us 3 hrs to do the whole performance. We even had to skip parts. I wouldn't do it again because the majority of actors were only mediocre and the drive from Philadelphia is approx 2 hrs

1  Thank Wansiubong
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I brought my wife and my secretary out for dinner at the Mystery Theater in Jersey City. It turned out to be a wonderfuly fun filled evening meeting new friends and enjoying the fun of trying to solve a complex murder mystery. I highly recommend it for a night out with friends. The seating is about 10 to a table so if 4 or 5 couples are looking for an interactive night of good food , and lots of laughs from an uninhibeted cast of characters.

2  Thank Jack S
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I bought tickets for this through Living Social, thinking it would be a fun date idea for me and my boyfriend, and my friend and her husband ended up joining us as well because they were so excited about the idea. Since it was 80's themed, naturally my friend and I dressed up! The actors were great, the rock show was fun, and we all had a blast figuring out who the murderer was. My only complaints really have more to do with the restaurant than the event (food was just OK - I'm glad I didn't pay more for what we ended up getting - there was a huge line out the door as we were waiting to get our "mug shots" but no one took the time to explain what we were waiting 30 minutes for, the tables were way too close together and you couldn't move around without inconveniencing about 6 people). I will say though, their drinks were STRONG, a major plus!! My friend and I were a little disappointed because the email we received said there would be a costume contest (which was 90% of the reason we dressed up!) and there ended up not being one...All that being said though, we all enjoyed ourselves and will probably be coming back to solve another murder mystery sometime soon!

2  Thank Oriana B
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I saw a deal on Living Social and decided it would be a great date night with my girlfriend, and it did not disappoint at all! The actors were fantastic and fun, and I even got to be part of the show. I am amazed to see all the negative reviews, but then I see it is all based on the food/service which the Murder Mystery Company has no control of, and most people blow it waaaaay out of proportion anyway. I could have been served bread and water and still had a great time. Whether it's for a date or a night out with friends and family, I definitely suggest going to a show.

1  Thank John M