“Murder Mystery Dinner , Sanai , Jersey City”

The Murder Mystery Company in New Jersey
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Murder Mystery Dinner , Sanai , Jersey City”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Boring. Main entree was just OK. Dessert was apparently half baked. Staff was indifferent, arrogant at times. Actors were OK. Managed to pull it. Although there wasn't much scope for them. There wasn't any stage performance. NONE at all..
They pick people from audience to play most of the characters.. And expect audience to interact with the real actors and these characters from audience, to determine who did the murders.
Sucks..
After a long of day of work, I paid you to lighten it up for, not the other way.. Telling me to walk around, talk to strangers, and solve the mystery .
And did I say there was NO stage performance?
It was a groupon deal. Had a an average return..
Will NOT recommend to anyone.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank EkLife

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Save your money”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

The whole show was very disorganized. We stood in a long line and waited for a mandatory photo. Then we were seated and moved again 5 minutes later to make room for a larger party. You sit on top of each other. Our order was NEVER taken. I flagged down a waiter to order drinks and they never came, so I had to walk down to the bar during the show and get my own drinks. The pasta was cold, very cold. And it was blah. We walked out after about 2 hours. Waste of $60.

4 Thank squirrelly2000
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun night out!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Great food, great cast and exc guest interaction. Very fun time! Definetly recommend it! Definetly fun for a couple or large group...parking available next door. Good location.

1 Thank coyle01
Brooklyn, New York, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great show!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We went in July when they had the 80s theme and it was a great show!! The area is ok considering it's Jersey City and the restaurant/bar is very nice and has a great bar! Drinks are a little on the expensive side($10 Long Island Ice Tea)! Now when we got there around 30 minutes before the show started and we tought nobody was going to come but around 10 minutes before everyone started to come! You are greeted by people dressed up and have to take a pic before getting your table number and I hate taking pictures but it was funny since you get to dress up based on the theme of the show! Once your done with that you go upstairs and are greeted by the caracters of the show and what I like is that they all come around and introduce themselves and talk and make jokes! Once the tables start getting packed one of the characters go to each table so try and get there early and enjoy them all cause their funny people! The place is small and i mean small! We were by the wall and it was very uncomfortable since it's around 10 people per table!! They should either take out 2 tables or find another place and make more money but I like the restaurant their in so it's hard! The show is freaking great and funny and you will have a great time and everyone at a table can be involved and they pick 1 person from each table to be a character! The show is for adults only!! ATLEAST THE 80S THEME IS!! I got the pork chop with mash potato which was pretty good! The mash potato was great and the porkchops were good but only grilled! No BBQ sauce or nothing and I like my prokchops with flavor other than the grill so that was the only thing I did not like about the dinner and my wife got the pasta and chicken which was a nice big plate and very good!! You pay a small price for soda which I think is $3 and you get unlimited refills and the dessert was chocolate larva cake which I could not eat since it was too much chocolate!! Wish they had better dessert or a choice between chocolate and something else since not everyone likes pure sugar and chocolate!! They have valet parking right next to the restaurant for a price but we parked right around the corner and there was plenty of parking when we got there but again when we got out it was late and there was no parking since the guest at the show took them up so try and get there early and save a few bucks in parking! You can always get discounts online so before buying make sure you do some research but this is worth the money! Groupon and Living Social bring out deals sometimes so that's a good place to start 1st! Great show!!!

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Amanda N Joshua L
Passaic, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“SUCH A GREAT TIME!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I bought the Living Social deal. I went with my friend. There is no parking except for a lot next door which charges $8.00 The theme was a millionaire masquerade ball. We had to wait in a long line for a mandatory mug shot which we somehow managed to skip by running upstairs to the venue when the when of the characters wasn't standing guard by the rope right before the steps. Once upstairs it was a lightly dimmed semi large room with lots of long tables closely placed together which sits 8 to 10 ppls. They are so close together you had to have ppl sitting there get up so you can get out to participate or use the restrooms, which was an inconvenience.. There was a couple of actors and from each table one person was chosen to preform a particular character. I too was chosen to play one. Each table was given a handbook which explained the tables main character and everything you needed to know to play along. Regarding the food, we had a salad,which was good, a main course dinner, the meat was hard to chew and a very sweet chocolate desert. Drinks were not included in the price. We had a very good time regardless and at the end they gave out certificates for best dressed, best actor etc...I would definately go again if they change the theme of the mystery show.

Visited September 2012