“Death at the Doo Woop”

The Murder Mystery Company in New Jersey
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
East Orange, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Death at the Doo Woop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

My 16 year daughter has always talked about going to a murder mystery dinner.So I lucked up and found a great rate for 2 tickets at the Sanai Resturant offered by Groupon.I ordered them immediately and started to get our accessories for the 50's theme. We got to the resturant and alot of ppl was in costume.This is great I am thinking we aren't the only ones dressed up.The greeter was the Prinicipal LOL Music from the 50's was playing. We were shown our seats and then went to take pictures.(a mug shot) very cute and creative. We sat at the Gold Circle and there are a few perks when you sit there. Our table consisted of the Cool Kids and named the Jabrories.Every table has a few suspects and each table is given a clue book.In between courses you are to go around the room and interrogate the other suspects and get clues.All while the performers are still performing.Taking notes and conversing with your tablemates about the murder. At the end of the night the crime was solved. All of the tables were to write down who they thought did the crime and motive.Our table guessed who the killer was 1St and we won.The only thing is drinks weren't included with our deal or the appetizers.Of course we left a nice tip. Had a ball and cant wait until the next one that starts May 24th.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank staceywright88

North Caldwell, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had the wonderful opportunity to deal with the Murder Mystery Company's professional and pleasant staff. I had heard that the dinner show was amazing and so I had sought out tickets for my school's fundraiser. The people I spoke with were very helpful and accommodating. Whoever wins this amazing prize at my tricky tray will enjoy a great night out!
Linda

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Linda M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Murder Mystery Dinner , Sanai , Jersey City”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Boring. Main entree was just OK. Dessert was apparently half baked. Staff was indifferent, arrogant at times. Actors were OK. Managed to pull it. Although there wasn't much scope for them. There wasn't any stage performance. NONE at all..
They pick people from audience to play most of the characters.. And expect audience to interact with the real actors and these characters from audience, to determine who did the murders.
Sucks..
After a long of day of work, I paid you to lighten it up for, not the other way.. Telling me to walk around, talk to strangers, and solve the mystery .
And did I say there was NO stage performance?
It was a groupon deal. Had a an average return..
Will NOT recommend to anyone.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank EkLife
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Save your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

The whole show was very disorganized. We stood in a long line and waited for a mandatory photo. Then we were seated and moved again 5 minutes later to make room for a larger party. You sit on top of each other. Our order was NEVER taken. I flagged down a waiter to order drinks and they never came, so I had to walk down to the bar during the show and get my own drinks. The pasta was cold, very cold. And it was blah. We walked out after about 2 hours. Waste of $60.

4 Thank squirrelly2000
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fun night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Great food, great cast and exc guest interaction. Very fun time! Definetly recommend it! Definetly fun for a couple or large group...parking available next door. Good location.

1 Thank coyle01