“Great hotel, great location, great price!”
Review of The Holland Hotel

The Holland Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I could not believe how clean and convenient this hotel was for the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting NYC.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 November 2009

Traveling with my sister, we give the Holland Motor Lodge a 5*. It was near the Path Train that took you into NYC. The mall near the Lodge was very nice. The room with double beds were wonderful. It was very nice to park the car and us 60's year olds would walk to the train and be in NYC in no time. I will diffidently use this hotel again. I am so glad I found this place.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2009

the motel is very average. maybe i was not lucky and got the room on the lower floor. but my room seemed to be smoking room though while booking i requested non-smoking. there was no refrigerator in my room and only tiny window almost under the ceiling and that was quite disappointing. the noise from other guests were constantly present in the room. the room and bathroom were clean enough. the motel is very close to path train and has easy connection to new york. the area is very safe and nice. there is a big mall not far from motel. if you are really on a budget this can be choice. though i am not sure that will stay here again. the staff is very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2009

I have stayed in Manhattan many times and paid a minimum of $260 (with parking cost) for an average room close to Times Square, and this room is comparable with those but with
a few extra perks for only $91 a night. There is a refrigerator in the room, fresh coffee and
pastries in the lobby, and the subway is a ten minute walk away. Lots of police presence
as it is located right at the Holland Tunnel. The area is well light, and the parking is free.
I did not notice the noise as some reviews have said, although I did hear a few horns honking in the morning, but really no big deal. I would stay at this motel again. Is is very clean, a nice size room (we had two double beds) and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We timed the subway ride from Ground Zero to the time we entered our room
and it was about 40 minutes total.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank WPALovethesun
Reviewed 17 October 2009

very easy to find, convenient, clean, relatively inexpensive, comfortable bed. Excellent to have free parking, and very friendly. Refrigerator in room, free internet, microwave available in hallway. But! lots of noise from other people - could hear everything in the hallways, faucets and toilets running, etc. Because of the noise inside the hotel, I don't know if I would stay again. Maybe, in a pinch....but only if it were my only option.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Knoelle
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I stayed here to attend a 4-day seminar at the Westin in Jersey City, which was a 10-min walk from my hotel and over twice the price even with the discount offered to seminar attendees. My room had a frig with a working freezer compartment and a microwave, and everything was great. They also had free Wi-Fi in the rooms. In fact, I liked it better than the Crowne Plaza in Zurich because it had those features and more space! The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The only thing that was not optimal was that our room had a view of the Holland Tunnel entrance with the accompanying traffic noise (people honk constantly because of cars getting stuck in the intersection), so I would recommend you request a room on the non-street side of the motel. The noise is not so bad at night so it's really not a big deal if you're out during the day. The service was great except that one day they did not give me my wake-up call, and I was already up well before the requested time so I know I didn't sleep through it. Otherwise, a perfectly functional motel and they include free breakfast with an assortment of pastries. For $86 per night even on the weekend, you can't beat it. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank FoxboroART
Reviewed 2 October 2009

We found the Holland Tunnel Motor Lodge to be just perfect for us. The price cannot be beat and the accomodations are just what we were looking for. We had a king room and was accomadating for two but no more. Rooms were average but very clean,. The pick up at the hotel for the tour of NY city was great. The bus driver was a experienced and offered a mini tour himself while picking up the other customers. Free parking, shopping mall, quick food, and the PATH station are well within walking distance and never did we feel unsafe. The pastries/cereals and coffee/juices in the morning were all we needed to get started. Staff was very helpful and we would definitely stay at the Lodge again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple