“Convenient to everything”
Review of The Holland Hotel

The Holland Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Free parking, very clean, 10 minutes walk to the PATH train to Manhattan, fridge, microwave, free continental breakfast, and friendly staff. All this and 1/2 the price of most hotels on the New York side of the Hudson River. Not only will I stay here again on my next trip I would highly recommend the Holland Motor Lodge for people looking for a convenient "no frills" place to stay. Hey, I could see the Empire State Building from my window!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 April 2010

Found this place on the internet and after reading reviews decided to stay there. Better than I expected. Clean, spacious room with king bed, microwave, internet, good tv and a fridge for $78/night. Maybe a five to ten minute, safe, well-lit at night walk to the PATH train for easy access to Newark to watch the Devils or MSG to watch the Rangers. From your room to 33st and 7th ave in Manhattan in no more than 30 minutes if you dont just miss the train. Very friendly and helpful service at the bullet proof front desk. Room facing the tunnel gives a view of Manhattan and a zillion lanes of traffic...soundproofing is good, but weekday mornings around 8am the trucks and horns can wake you if you had a late night. Face the other way and look at the parking lot (which is free is you drive there) but you dont see the Empire State Building....take the traffic and the view its more interesting. A great place to stay if you dont care about amenities and image, just a clean, safe reasonably priced place to sleep and shower. I was on my own, no wife or kids and it was great. A great place to stay on your next road trip with buddies to watch baseball or whatever, its a great deal....two can share a room for less than $50/night. Continental breakfast pretty good and the coffee is on 24/7. Would definitely stay again....a great value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2010

If you are looking for an inexpensive (for NY/NJ) base of operations to get into NY without driving I think this is a great place. If you are looking for luxury and elevators go somewhere else. Easy to find, right next to the Holland Tunnel entrance and plenty of free parking. I read reviews about being put in the horrible rooms next to the tunnel and to my dismay when I opened my window, POW, the Holland Tunnel. They must have a ton of sound proofing because I am a light sleeper and I rarely heard anything beyond the occasional dump truck or bus gear shift. I don't think this place had an elevator so keep that in mind if you have trouble covering 3 floors. The rooms were not big but not too small. The bathroom looked as if it was decorated in the 60/70's but it was clean. The internet worked fine. The continental breakfast was simple but enough to get your motor running (there is a Burger King next door) but they put it in their lobby which was extremely small and very crowded in the morning. The walk to the PATH station was less than a 1/3 of a mile, very well lit and even walking around at midnight we felt perfectly safe. I recommend using the map in the hotel directory book in your room to find the station. Just a note on the train the only time this train was not crowded (Pavonia/Newport to 33rd Street) was at 10pm. As for the bullet proof glass I think this is a fixture left over from when Jersey City was a lot more dangerous. But with the migration out of New York and all the upscale hotels and business park nearby I am thinking they could probably take down the glass. If you are a fan of Cake Boss the bakery is about 1 mile in Hoboken, I recommend it, but get there when they open.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I have stayed at this Hotel twice before and nothing is changed. Great location, close to public transit. Always a clean atmosphere in this Hotel. The only thing you have to watch out for is that you better arrive by 6pm. Otherwise they will give your room to someone else. We arrived 40 minutes late and almost got screwed!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We decided to be accomodated in new jersey during our week-end trip to manhattan. The Holland Motor Lodge is located at the entrance of the Holland Tunnel. Its a 10 min drive to the city. Make sure to have 8$ on hand to pay the toll fee. And yes, finding a parking space was hell!!! The greeting by the front desk clerk was ok, quite indifferent actually. The general condition of the room was ok, but the carpet was dampand it seems that the furniture we're not dusted off for awhile. Sleep, shower and then go about your visit to town, then this motor lodge is a sensible choice.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I could not believe how clean and convenient this hotel was for the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting NYC.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Traveling with my sister, we give the Holland Motor Lodge a 5*. It was near the Path Train that took you into NYC. The mall near the Lodge was very nice. The room with double beds were wonderful. It was very nice to park the car and us 60's year olds would walk to the train and be in NYC in no time. I will diffidently use this hotel again. I am so glad I found this place.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family