“Great food, no heat”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great food, no heat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I visited Sanai's on a very cold Saturday evening to use an expiring discount coupon. The restaurant is housed in an historic building off of Journal Square. Upon entering the restaurant it became apparent there was no heat on. Other patrons were huddled in coats and scarves. Two young women did an adequate job running the serving area. Interestingly, no one acknowledged the lack of heat. When questioned about it, one of the waitresses said something must be broken.

That said, our dinner was excellent. Fresh Cesar's salad, homemade chicken vegetable soup for starters. Our entrees were a delicious salmon dish and hangar steak. We shared the chocolate cake dessert.

It was unfortunate that on a Saturday evening there was no management presence to make sure things were running smoothly. We will make a return visit after verifying that interior conditions are up to par.

• Visited January 2014

Calabash, North Carolina
“Satisfying Sanai's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Found this restaurant while getting son and his wife settled into new apartment near Journal Square. Calamari appetizer was good, salmon medallions excellent. Nice building provided good atmosphere. Bar area looked inviting.

Certainly a place worth revisiting.

• Visited November 2013
East Orange, New Jersey
“The Murder Mystery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

My 16 year daughter and I went to a murder mystery dinner at this resturant. The show was great and the food was too. I would go back here for a girls night out event. The servers and hosts were great. The atmosphere was nice.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank staceywright88
“Just love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

We ( my husband, son and myself) usually go once a month if not more we love the sliders and flour less chocolate cake

New York
“Wow! Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

I went after work on a Friday and was so surprised by the quality of the food! Grilled Salmon and Steamed spinach. I'm a picky lady and rarely eat at Journal Square! I sat at the bar and the service was super friendly both times! Try the homemade white sangria!