“Good hotel bar food”
Review of Vu

Vu
Reserve with OpenTable
Vu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 614 Restaurants in Jersey City
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Christopher Columbus Blvd.
Transit: PATH - Exchange Place Light Rail - Exchange Place
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just ordered chicken wings, they weren't terribly original (just fried and served with hot sauce and blue cheese, but lots of 'em, and the price was fair.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We'd been in the city all day, doing touristy things. We were hungry, tired and because it was a record heat day in NYC for June 18th, somewhat sweaty and disheveled. Oh, and I should mention it was the night before our 49th wedding anniversary, and we were not "well dressed" for a place like the Vu.

But we really did not want to grab a deli meal or eat in a bistro on the way back to our rented 44th floor condo, so we said "why not" and walked into the Hyatt lobby.

From there we were actually treated like visiting celebrities, and we hadn't even told them it was our anniversary yet!

Apologizing for our disheveled look, we told the concierge we were not guests, but wanted a nice meal, somewhere comfy to sit after walking all day and, well, the view.

He assured us our "look" was OK, walked us to the desk at the Vu, and introduced us to the hostess who immediately seated us at a table across from the best river side view of the tallest, busiest city in the USA we've ever seen.

Our wait staff was diligent in keeping us happy from that point on, and we were able to tuck into a great meal while unselfconsciously enjoying the sight of NYC's famous serrated skyline against a sunset lit backdrop of scattered cumulus clouds.

We would go back tomorrow, if we could, but are home now in the Atlanta area. We have our memories of a terrific anniversary dinner experience.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had a great experience at VU restaurant. It was my 30th birthday celebration and I was looking for an upscale location to have my dinner. I found VU and was sold. The experience was great, the view was great!!! And the service was great. I want to give a special thank you to Meghan food Manage. From the beginning of the reservation to our final bite of the evening, she was superb. She took ownership and ensured that me and my guest had a great time. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to celebrate a birthday or just want a nice night out with a friend. It was a great 30th. Thank you VU!!!

Thank RuddyDav .
Reviewed 30 June 2014

the view was fantastic,seemed like you could reach out and touch the freedom tower,especially in the evening hours. the wait staff was great,the hostess and the waiters and even the bus staff,nice,polite and courteous. only negative is that the food was just slightly above average, but i knew that coming in and didnt care the ambiance and view make up for it. i would definitely recommend and when i am jersey city this is the only hotel and restaurant i will go to

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our family immensely enjoyed a Mother's Day Brunch buffet in the Vu restaurant. The food and service were excellent. The views of NYC are incredible!