“Great restaurant and portions”

Brownstone Diner & Pancake
Ranked #1 of 622 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went for a late breakfast on a Saturday. Loved it! We had Pancakes and Waffles and an Omelet. Everyone enjoyed what they had. Very large portions but no sharing without paying $3.00 so beware. The only thing I can say we didn't care for was that my husband saw a busser in the bathroom leave without washing his hands, even though there was a sign advising that they must do that. He did tell someone so I hope that it has been taken care of.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

After seeing all the positive feedback, we decided to try breakfast there again. The food was good, but service was terrible. The server took our order and returned with the check. No asking if the food was correct and good. No refills on drinks. NOTHING. Servers must not be trained to deliver customer service. I know it is a diner, but they charge comparable to other JC restaurants which know how to deliver service. I won't go back again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've visited the place a few times already, and I can't say anything but nice things about the place. Yes, there can be a line around noon for wknd brunch, but its worth the wait.
I've been here for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late nite munchies. Its the best. Friendly staff, huge portions, delicious food. There are so many choices also. Also, there is real value for your money.
Guy from Food Network's "Diner, Drive-ins, & Dives" made this place a little too popular during Sunday brunch, but I still would pick this place.
The owners are really friendly too.
PS there is a chance you'll have food to take home, but don't worry. it still tastes good the next day.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Of course there is a line but to be honest it moved and we were seated within 25 min. From the french toast, pancakes to stuffed pancakes, the food was delicious. Portions are enough for 2 to share. Lots of people leaving with "doggie bags." Way too much to try and eat for 1 person. Pancakes are light, fluffy, just the way a pancake should be. First trip here for our party of 4 and we all agreed we are coming back often.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a popular place as it was full the whole time we were there. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed visiting with the waitress. We decided to have a healthier breakfast and it was delicious and one entree was enough for the two of us.