“Worth the train ride to NYC!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here with my family of 6 for a long weekend in NYC as hotels in the city are simply not affordable for us. The hotel was great and the kids loved the short walk to the train station and taking the train into the city so the extra couple minutes it took to get into the city turned into its own adventure. Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Steven M,
Thank you and your family for staying with us. We are all truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our great location and value.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree Jersey City when you are in the area again. Thank you for your valued feedback and great recommendation.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel was great - roomy, clean, comfortable, and convenient, however, the real standout was Felix! He was very affable as he helped me figure out how to get where I was going in New York City. In addition, when I'd expressed concern about returning late at night, he told me to call him and he would arrange a car (which is how I wanted to return). When I called at 11:30 or midnight, not only did he arrange a car for me, he rode over in it to make sure I'd get back okay. I was traveling alone, I'm a girl, and I'm not familiar with New York City - I was anxious about getting around, but thanks to Felix, I was able to enjoy the concert that was the goal of my travels to the City without having to worry about anything!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank B W
John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear BW,
Thank you for staying with us recently at DoubleTree Jersey City. We are delighted that everything went well for you and that Felix was so on top of your transport needs. Felix loves what he does and goes above and beyond the call of duty often for our guests.We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback and look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again.
John Sheedy,
General Manager.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was really satisfide while I was in the hotel. The service was excellent, the hotel was really impressive, the room was very comfortable. Everything was really very good. I will recommend my friends to visit your hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City. I was delighted to see that you were really satisfied and enjoyed our service and comfortable rooms. I also appreciate your great recommendation.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great central location. Fairly reasonably priced for very comfortable beds. I loved the free shuttle within a mile of the hotel. It was VERY convenient to get around and the drivers were very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Heidi A,
Thank you for staying with us recently at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City. We truly appreciate your valued feedback and were delighted to see that you enjoyed our 1 mile radius free shuttle service and friendly drivers. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in our area.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We reached the Doubletree after an enormously stressful day of travel with 5 children. The warm welcome from Felix and staff immediately made us feel better. The rooms were clean, the beds were soft and the view from one room was absolutely stunning. The breakfast buffet was very high quality. The staff continued to be supportive through our stay, being quite flexible when we asked for a late checkout because we were still in line at Carlos' Bakery. We would go back in a hearbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stephanie O,
Thank you for staying with us at DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay from the warm welcome to you and your 5 travelling children to your clean room with great views and our breakfast buffet. Thank you too for such a nice recommendation.
John Sheedy,
General Manager.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Visited NYC over Easter weekend. Stayed in Jersey City because of the more affordable hotel price. Staff was nice. The room was very nice. Lots of room, clean, comfortable. The only complaint I do have is the walls or floor I should say are super thin. Sleep was interrupted because we could hear conversations upstairs clear as day, hear them peeing in the toilet like it was ours. Hallways pretty noisy too.
The travel on the path train to NY wasn't bad. Not as quick and easy as some post. It depends where you want to go. 5 minute walk to station then when the train comes, To World Trade Center, it's quick. If you want to go to the last stop 33rd St. (By macys) it's 20 minutes. Then If you're walking up to Times Square area it's a good hour from leaving the hotel to there. It's really not convenient if you want to go back to the hotel and relax or change clothes for a show and head back out.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear jlny324,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for your valued feedback. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our nice and affordable rooms. I am sorry that your sleep was interupted and that you found our location somewhat difficult for visits to Times Square. Thank you also for your nice comment on our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Jersey City.
John Sheedy.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel was clean, comfortable and bed was wonderfully comfortable. Reception staff were helpful. Breakfast service was very slow and inconsistent. Food was tasty but often not hot enough. Two out of three mornings we did not get refill on our coffee. Our drink order was taken with no delivery of drinks. No bowls out for cereal and oatmeal. Loved the chocolate chip cookies!! They were a real treat! Good customer service that you had them available later in the evening when we got back from NYC.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Karen A,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for your valued feedback. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms. I apologise that your restaurant experience was not up to standard and have reviewed your comments with our team. Thank you too for your recognition of our team. They take great pride in what they do and I am glad that this shows. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Jersey City.
John Sheedy.