“Hilton Double Tree- Jersey City”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Well, you would think that being a Hilton hotel that they would offer complimentary WiFi to their guests, but this was not the case. You had to be a part of their rewards club. Also, my bathroom had not been cleaned (dirty, wet towels on the floor, also smelled like urine). And then there were (what I assume to be) hotel employees washing/waxing cars right next to the building, making it difficult for our bus to get through the parking lot since these employees were unwilling to move out of the way. The staff were friendly, and they offer you a cookie when you check in (albeit kind of stale, but still) I wouldn't stay here again if I didn't have to. My boss was the one to reserve our stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Carrin D,

Thank you for your valued feedback. I was sorry to read that you did not have a great stay. I was sorry to see that there was a dirty towel left in your bathroom. I can confirm that this was as a result of a leak that was being repaired, but there is no excuse for you finding it this way. Like most of our competitor hotel companies, we do not offer free WIFI in our guest rooms but we do in our lobby. I have not been able to ascertain who was waxing their car in our carpark. We do not permit our team to do this. Thank you on the positive comments on our staff. I am delighted that this shone through. Thank you for staying with us. I humbly ask that you call me direclty at 201-499-2416 so I can follow up with you in person.
General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I spent several months andin this hotel and the staff ROCKS.. My stay was fabulous because of Edy, William, Henry,Josefa, Marco, Andrea and Devin.. 2nd and 3rd shift knows how to treat a customer. This team always smiled, did their best to accommodate your needs and I felt like I was at home.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear vicstr10,

Thank you for your feedback.
We were truly delighted to have you stay with us. A guest who stays for such a long period has experienced all sides of our operation and it gives us all great pleasure knowing that you enjoyed our service so much. We look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree Jersey City when you are next in the area.
Thank you so much from all your friends,
John and team !

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here with my family of 6 for a long weekend in NYC as hotels in the city are simply not affordable for us. The hotel was great and the kids loved the short walk to the train station and taking the train into the city so the extra couple minutes it took to get into the city turned into its own adventure. Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Steven M,
Thank you and your family for staying with us. We are all truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our great location and value.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree Jersey City when you are in the area again. Thank you for your valued feedback and great recommendation.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel was great - roomy, clean, comfortable, and convenient, however, the real standout was Felix! He was very affable as he helped me figure out how to get where I was going in New York City. In addition, when I'd expressed concern about returning late at night, he told me to call him and he would arrange a car (which is how I wanted to return). When I called at 11:30 or midnight, not only did he arrange a car for me, he rode over in it to make sure I'd get back okay. I was traveling alone, I'm a girl, and I'm not familiar with New York City - I was anxious about getting around, but thanks to Felix, I was able to enjoy the concert that was the goal of my travels to the City without having to worry about anything!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank B W
John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear BW,
Thank you for staying with us recently at DoubleTree Jersey City. We are delighted that everything went well for you and that Felix was so on top of your transport needs. Felix loves what he does and goes above and beyond the call of duty often for our guests.We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback and look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was really satisfide while I was in the hotel. The service was excellent, the hotel was really impressive, the room was very comfortable. Everything was really very good. I will recommend my friends to visit your hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City. I was delighted to see that you were really satisfied and enjoyed our service and comfortable rooms. I also appreciate your great recommendation.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great central location. Fairly reasonably priced for very comfortable beds. I loved the free shuttle within a mile of the hotel. It was VERY convenient to get around and the drivers were very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Heidi A,
Thank you for staying with us recently at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City. We truly appreciate your valued feedback and were delighted to see that you enjoyed our 1 mile radius free shuttle service and friendly drivers. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in our area.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We reached the Doubletree after an enormously stressful day of travel with 5 children. The warm welcome from Felix and staff immediately made us feel better. The rooms were clean, the beds were soft and the view from one room was absolutely stunning. The breakfast buffet was very high quality. The staff continued to be supportive through our stay, being quite flexible when we asked for a late checkout because we were still in line at Carlos' Bakery. We would go back in a hearbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stephanie O,
Thank you for staying with us at DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay from the warm welcome to you and your 5 travelling children to your clean room with great views and our breakfast buffet. Thank you too for such a nice recommendation.