“quality and convenience”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Newton, NJ
“quality and convenience”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hotel was easy to get to, and NYC was only minutes away by car through the Holland Tunnel or by the PATH train. It was good to get out of the city for a break to a place that was calm, quiet, and welcoming. Facilities were all in good condition and the staff was helpful and cheerful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear MaryannNJ,
Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay from our great location to our calm welcome and cheerful and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are back in the area.
John Sheedy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stay here during my business trips. The hotel staff are very nice, friendly and helpful. My only negative comment is that each morning when I asked for breakfast 'to go' the service was slow and most of the staff did not know how to process/where to find 'to go' stuff. This caused me to be into my office later than I would have liked. But if you are not in a rush - great place! With that said, everyone in the restaurant is more than happy to please.

Dear Coconut63,
Thank you for your valued feedback.
I was delighted to read that as a return guest that you find our staff nice, friendly and helpful and I acknowledge your need for faster to go service. We have taken steps to addess the delays with your breakfast to go option and look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Jersey City so you can see the change.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. I know you have options and truly appreciate your return business.
John Sheedy.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel was so clean and nice. The staff was very helpful. Felix and Mildred went above and beyond giving me help during my stay. They restaurant breakfast was very good. And you could not beat the location. Perfect location to go into NYC. The light rail and PATH stations were both close by the hotel. I will definitely stay there again when I am in the area.

Dear Elizabeth P,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our staff, especially Mildred and Felix, our great location and that you enjoyed our breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton when you are next in Jersey City.
Ramsey, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent experience! Great view of New York City and convenient to local sights. Very courteous and professional staff. Only one complaint, WIFI access should be free for all guests in their rooms, not just those with hhonors premium status.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, 2 January 2015
Dear David P,
Thank you for staying with us and for your valued feedback. It was great to see you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.
John Sheedy,
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were here for my daughter's wedding. We received great service from everyone starting at check in to shuttle service to house keeping. The bed was very comfortable which is important after a night on the reception dance floor. If I had to find a weakness it would have been in the breakfast offerings.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Elizabeth T,
Thank you for staying with us for your daughter's wedding. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and our great service. I am sorry that you felt our breakfast offerings were limited. We are looking at our options for more variety and are planning some changes in the near future.
We look forward to welcoming you back so you can see the changes we make.
Warmest regards,
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 12 May 2014

If ever going to NYC in the future I would gladly stay on the Jersey City side. The hotel was wonderful and the city access was great. Jersey city has a lot to offer and the quick journey to NYC was wonderful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank netking9
Dear netking9,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your wonderful recommendation. I agree with you that we have a great location. I agree that our proximity to PATH trains makes for easy and instant access to NYC. We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Jersey City again.

John
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Seems there is a contract or some type of bond between the hotel and limosine service. When you ask for a taxi either at the desk or bell person, they drag you out to the driveway to drop you in a limosine. When you get in there's no meters or discussion of fees. After you ask, they provide what seems like a random cost. The random cost is more to the airport as it is from the hotel. You also can't pay with credit card or get a receipt so, the whole thing sounds a bit questionable. What's the problem with just offering a taxi with a meter so, I know I am not getting ripped off!! Also, as a silver and gold member for over 3 years, they won't comp a breakfast if your points drop below gold level. I travel 100% for my work and I only stayed in Jersey City once. Likely I will stay again but perhaps not at this hotel. Maybe they're all like this. If so, you go Gov. Christy... bank that campaign fund!!!

1 Thank Ronald H
Dear Ronald H,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for your loyalty to Hilton. I am sorry that you felt uninformed on our transport options.
Jersey City does not require that transport is metered. At the DoubleTree Jersey City, we do have a prefered transport vendor who does accept credit cards and we know these rates in advance.
However, he has limited cars and when not available we do use other Jersey City transport services. I fully agree that you should know the rates in advance and sorry that this did not happen. I humbly ask that you call me directly at 201-499-2416 so I can follow up with you in person.