“Reservations not honored and Not Family Friendly”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I made a reservation for two rooms connecting and called a week prior and was told it would be ready. I needed the rooms for my family to have my children in the same room or at least two connected rooms. Upon checking in I was told that the rooms were not available and my reservation was only a request and not a guarantee. I asked for the manager and was told that the manager was not available and was still told that I could not have the rooms I requested. Instead I was given a cot to sleep so I sleep in the same room as my children. The valet was also pushy and while trying to check in he interrupted me continuously at the front desk telling me there was no loading or unloading at the front of the hotel unless I valeted the car. All this could have been fixed by honoring my reservations for two connected rooms and being courteous without interrupting during check-in and having management staff available.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Ryan D,
Thank you for staying with us and for your valued feedback. My apologies that I was not available during your stay to deal with tyour concerns. I am disappointed that we let you down and you did not have a positive experience. I have not been able to detect where the miscommunication on connecting rooms occurred. Things do go worng from time to time and it is how we recover and make it right that can make the difference and I again apologise for our lack of empathy.
Please feel free to call me directly at 201-499-2416 so I can discuss and follow up with you in person.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Excellent customer service...Room was very clean, near to path subway... Staffs are very friendly, Morning breakfast was very good…. Highly recommended if you are visiting NY and love to travel 25 minutes to reach Times Square by train....My kids and Husband loved the place and we will be coming back to this place for our next NY visit….

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Smita H,
We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us from your clean room to our great breakfast. Our team takes great pride on their hospitality and we truly appreciate your recognition of their efforts. We measure ourselves on the willingness of our guests to return and look forward to welcoming you back.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Bellmen and front desk staff as well as our maid (10th floor)and maintenance man, exceptionally pleasant and friendly. They made us feel important and welcome. Also parking lot is conveniently located to the hotel and having the subway so close was fabulous. Bonus was having the grocery store directly behind the hotel...as well as Starbucks down the street. What could be better.

Dear Cathy M,
Thank you for your recent stay and wonderful feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and especially our friendly and pleasant team. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Jersey City.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a great room overlooking the hudson river and the view of nyc was fabulous. o It was only a few min drive into the city. We would deffinatly stay again on our next trip to nyc.You cannot beat the value of this hotel. Our experience was great.

Dear Michael B,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We measure ourselves on our guest's willingness to return and truly aprreciate your recommendation. We are glad that you enjoyed our views and our value and look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Jersey City.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Warm cookies at check in which were delicious. The rooms were very clean. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica G

Dear Jessica G,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your wonderful feedback. We measure ourselves on the willingness of our guests to return and truly appreciate your recommendation. Our team take great pride on their hospitality and take great pleasure when our guests feel that they have been well cared for.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Jersey City when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The place is quiet and well run. The air conditioning is first rate. It is expensive due to its location. The hotel is directly next to the Hudson-Bergin light rail that goes many convenient places.

Without knowing anything else, the most important determinant of hotel quality is the recency of its initial build or total overhaul. This one is due for a face lift and significant updates to the rooms.

Room Tip: Save the valet fee and just park directly behind the hotel across the light rail track, 60 feet away...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear JoePilot1,
Than you for staying with us and for your valued feedback. I was happy to see that you enjoyed our location and service and during these hot summer days that your air conditioning was excellent. I would lie to be able to trace your room and humbly ask that you cal me at 201-499-2416 so that I may be able to determine it's condition as we normally get very positive comments on our rooms. That said, we are in the process of planning room upgrades as well as upgrades to our public spaces and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Felix & Margaret were the best, this is a great hotel to stay for nyc vacation. we took a family trip to nyc, this was close walk to path train. the staff was fabulous, the rooms were large & clean. we slept in premier suite. grocery store near by for those in the room snacks.

Room Tip: I would stay in premier suite so much space
1  Thank SUSIE E

Dear Susie E,
Thank you for your great feeback. We are delighted that you enjoyed our rooms and location but specially thank you for your recognition of the great service you received fro Felix and Margaret. We look forward to your next vist to DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City.