“RETIREMENT PARTY”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kenilworth
Princeton, New Jersey
“RETIREMENT PARTY”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I would like to extend my gratitude to Mr. Miguel and the lovely ladies who helped him make our event a very successful one. At first I was hesitant to hold the affair from experience. Poor food and poor service from years ago. But after i attended an afair last year, I sort of saw improvements. Then a lot questioned my choice of place, but told them it has changed. It did!!! Suggestion though... Add food choices to 3 at least from 2 viandes. One more, the sales from rep Mr. Incognito, who sure is a nice person and pleasant, but please when you deal with customer start buisness in a formal conversation. After you establish rapport then you can joke, because for me he came through as very cocky and arrogant. Almost walked out of office that day!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ginaloy L
Greetings From New Jersey!

Thank you for selecting the Kenilworth for your recent event. We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and we are so happy that you enjoyed the function and the service of Miguel. Mr. Incognito usually maintains a professional and fun personality and I apologize if this did not come across in that fashion. We would love to have you back as our valued guest when visiting our area. We wish you all the best and thank you for taking time out of your day to write these positive comments about us. Have a great Summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New Jersey
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed 6/11/14. I work with a major pharma company in the area and stayed here a few years ago. Then it would have been a 1 MAYBE 2 star hotel. I now give The Kenilworth 4 stars based on the recent remodeling and great service. The rooms look like a modern middle/upper Marriott. The front desk clerk I met (Claire) was super friendly and courteous. The room was VERY clean and quiet. I had a room on the top floor all the way towards the back which allowed me to park near another entrance for easy in/out to my car. I didn't take advantage of the included breakfast so I can't comment, but if I need to stay in Kenilworth again for work I may be able to try it out and update my review.

Room Tip: Ask for a NEWLY remodeled room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank OCNJRob
Dear Rob,

Summer Greetings From Northern New Jersey!

Thank you for selecting the Kenilworth for your recent visit. We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and next time we hope you take advantage of our expanded complimentary continental breakfast. We would love to have you back as our valued guest when visiting our area. We wish you all the best and thank you for taking time out of your day to write these positive comments about us. Have a great Summer!
Salem, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We got stuck in Newark airport traffic and was offered a night stay - I had thoughts of Bates hotel when the airline said they had booked Kenilworth Inn.

Boy - were we very pleasantly surprised.

The courtesy band was driven by a you fellow 9forget his name) but he was very engaging. Fter a quick 10-15 shuttle ride, we made it to hotel at around 11 pm.
Claire was working the front desk- I have never experienced the genuine thoughtfulness of someone working the front desk, even at the priciest resorts.
We got to our newly renovated room (I am talking brand spanking new). TV- AC- beds are all fantastic.
SHutlle back to Newark in early am, again very pleasant driver who really helped ease the bruise from the snafu at the airport.

This si a very pleasant surprise, highly recommend Kenilworth - the place is nice and the workers even nicer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank luvUSVIbeaches
Greetings From New Jersey!

Thank you for selecting the Kenilworth for your recent visit. We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and we are so happy that we exceeded your expectations. We would love to have you back as our valued guest when visiting our area. We wish you all the best and thank you for taking time out of your day to write these positive comments about us. Have a great Summer!
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Overnight stay on 11 June,2004. Outstanding is the word for the hotel staff, specially the shuttle driver, Bob Purdon. He went over the call of duty to help an elderly couple that was having problems finding their way to the hotel pick-up point at the EWR airport. On his way to the airport at 3AM for another pick-up, he gracefully stop at the only place that was open for a bite to eat for the guests that were hungry. We definitely will stay here again and again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Arnaldo D
Tony M, Manager at The Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Summer Greetings From New Jersey!

Thank you for selecting the Kenilworth for your recent visit. We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and we are so happy that Mr. Purdon found you some food for your late night needs. We would love to have you back as our valued guest when visiting our area. We wish you all the best and thank you for taking time out of your day to write these positive comments about us. Have a great Summer!
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family and I were just on our way home and had to spend a night in Newark. I wanted something affordable and close to the airport. We were so silly and made the mistake of getting a taxi when they offer free service to and from the airport. Anywho the lady at the front desk was absolutely helpful and very friendly. When we got to our room we were both in complete shock how nice they have updated the room. Like I was thinking it was going to be just "alright" but seriously very well done rooms...the pictures don't do it justice. It's also decorated very nice and unique....love it! Worth your money a bang for your buck. It's also nice, quiet and cozy. Also don't let the building outside exterior fool you cause inside it's beautiful. Go ahead book your stay now. You won't regret it :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tony M, Manager at The Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Warm Greetings From New Jersey!

Thank you for selecting the Kenilworth for your recent visit. We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and please know that we are now working on making the outside match the inside. We would love to have you back as our valued guest when visiting our area. We wish you all the best and thank you for taking time out of your day to write these positive comments about us. Have a great Summer!
Cranford, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This Hotel has just invested in a major restoration of an old banquet hall and lobby. I needed a nice banquet hall with good food for a special college graduation party for my son on May 31, 2014. Not only was the banquet room, clean and spacious with a great size dance floor but the food by Chef Miguel was excellent!!! The 5 course silver platter buffet with 3 entries received rave reviews from my 50 guests. I was told his food was great and delighted to see this was true. The open bar was very good and the waitress help was courteous and very accommodating in all areas. Their prices quoted are very reasonable for the value received. My relatives in from out of state booked several rooms that they fond clean, quiet and very comfortable and were given a discount since I booked my party there. Ted DeCagna, Cranford, NJ June 4, 2014. I will be booking future parties here.

Room Tip: no problem
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ted D
Greetings From New Jersey!

Thank you for selecting the Kenilworth for your recent banquet. We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and the great food and beverage we strive to provide. We would love to have you back as our valued guest for all your upcoming events. We wish you all the best and thank you for taking time out of your day to write these positive comments about us. Have a great Summer!
Owings, Maryland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I decided on a lark to take my kids to NYC for Memorial Day weekend. Through a web search I found this lovely small hotel in nearby Kenilworth, NJ. It was apparent to me that the hotel had been recently renovated. Everything was new and super clean. The evening clerk was very pleasant and greeted me nicely. She had lots of local information and inquired as to my visit. The room was smallish, however we were just there for a place to lay our heads for the adventures to come. A nice tv and free wifi were good. The beds were very comfortable. There was a complimentary continental breakfast available in the morning which was adequate for our needs. Our stay was comfortable, reasonable and we will be returning to this location!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Greetings From New Jersey!

Thank you for selecting the Kenilworth for your recent visit. We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and the great city of NY just minutes from our front door. We would love to have you back as our valued guest when visiting NYC. We wish you all the best and thank you for taking time out of your day to write these positive comments about us. Have a great Summer!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Homewood Suites Newark-Cranford
#1 of 1 in Summit
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Holiday Inn Clark - Newark
Best Western Westfield Inn

Been to The Kenilworth Hotel? Share your experiences!