The Kenilworth Hotel
Homewood
US$121
US$117
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Westfield Inn(Westfield)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$151
Hotwire.com
Very Good 4/5
Hampton Inn Linden(Linden)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$77
  • Room Service
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
US$84
All reviewsno elevatorfront deskthe garden state parkwaycontinental breakfastnew jerseyfamily eventtrain stationthe shuttle drivercomfortable bedsfridge and microwavefirst flooreasy accessconvenient locationbagelslate checkbusiness tripfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I stay at the Kenilworth Inn frequently as a result of my Job. I have stayed at other hotels but felt like I was an uninvited guest! From the first day on I was treated like family here! Everyone has been overly accomidating, although I almost always deal with Lynn(Edeline) who treats me like royalty. From my first stay she always remebered my name, what room I like and goes out of her way to see that every stay is better than the next. When I walk in it is like coming home, that is a very comforting feeling when you are 80 miles away from your own home. I use to hate staying in a hotel now I can't wait every week to see Lynn ! The rooms are always clean and smell fresh, the location is right off the parkway making everything accessible in minutes.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ld20
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We had a very stressful business meeting in nearby Newark and stayed at the Kenilworth Inn for 10 days. This hotel was an excellent choice for us to relax and de-stress in the evening. The staff was superb. Anthony Longano, the manager, gave us quick and easy directions to NYC; when the printer for the PC in the lobby was not working, Nicole got permission for us to use the personal computer of the manager; Edeline quickly got necessary repairs made to an electrical outlet in the room and provided an additional blanket; Isabel, who handled the continental breakfast, did a superb job. We felt we were in good hands and could go to the staff for any help

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank HappySeUsa
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I stay here frequently when I have to work late and then get into the office early in the morning. I check in late at night and Lynn gets me in and out in about 30 seconds. I ask for the second floor because it is usually nice and quiet (and I don't mind walking up the stairs - no elevator). The beds are comfortable and if there is anything not working (rarely) they get someone there immediately to fix it. All rooms have a frig and you can request a microwave oven. Once in a while they upgrade me to the suite if no one is using it. Breakfast in the morning is very good with lots of variety and Isabelle makes sure everything is kept refreshed. I use their small fitness center to work out in the morning. It has all new machines and a TV. All in all, a very good place to stay for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank g0ldenfleece
Reviewed 9 February 2010

This hotel is virtually falling apart. Apparently under new ownership/management, it leaves alot to be desired. Besides being greatly overpriced,the rooms are old,dingy,and most things are in poor workig condition. Major money needs to be spent to bring this place back to where it was years ago.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Management08031, Manager at The Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2010

We thank you for your review on your stay at our hotel. Your reviews and information that you provide is extremely useful to us in already enhancing our guest experience. We apologize that you did not have a positive experience at our hotel. Our hotel is currently the best price and value in the area and we have maintained this position for many years - as is evidenced by our Trip Advisor Rating. We personally invite you back so you can experience us again and we guarantee that you will leave fully satisfied - call us personally to book your reservation and we will make it a special one.

Management

Reviewed 4 February 2010

My husband travels for his work and this is the second time we've been in this area and stayed at the Kenilworth Inn. When he told me that we'd be back in the Rochelle/Newark area, I went on line immediately and booked our room at the Kenilworth Inn. It is wonderfully located with easy on/off access to the NJ Garden State Parkway. The Inn is very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. When we first checked in on this visit, our room was on the second floor and we perfer the first floor. The Front Desk Manager was a women named Edeline Chouloute but is referred to as Lynn. SHE IS WONDERFUL!!!!! She found us a room on the first floor, got us extra pillows and was very accommodating and exceptionally friendly. I called her every night to ask for a wake up call, but really just wanted to say hi!! She has a calm, soothing and friendly voice. The rooms are very clean and the beds are like sleeping on clouds!! My husband uses his truck for work, therefore, I have no means of transportation. Everything is within walking distance. The A&P grocery store, resturants, small shops, laundrymat, etc. One issue I had was the fact that my husband doesn't get done work until 3:30 and check out time is 11-12. Again LYNN to the rescue!! She allowed me to stay in the room until 2pm!!! Most places have me check out and I wait in the lobby until my husband arrives. This was very nice of her and I truly appreciate it!!! I WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND STAYING HERE!!! I am looking forward to coming back, hopefully in the near future. I can't wait for warm weather so that I can access the outdoor pool.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business