“Excellent meal and dining experience”

La Griglia Seafood Grill & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Griglia Seafood Grill & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 26th Street
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have not been to this restaurant in many years. Our memory of it was ok and overpriced. This evening proved that memory incorrect, or at least the restaurant has improved greatly since then.

This time, there were six of us - three couples - sharing a round table in their upstairs dining room. It was a very pleasant room. Yes, the downstairs is probably nicer and walking upstairs could be annoying. But once there, it is a nice place to dine.

We decided to share three appetizers - arugula salad, cajun calamari, and meatballs. The salad and calamari were excellent. Some may not like all of the sauce with the calamari. I and the other two males thought it was great. The meatballs were fine, but they were meatballs.

I ate the whole branzini fish special with olives and tomatoes. It was excellent. My wife had the scallops special, also excellent. Others at the table had ordered filet mignon, cod with shrimp, and short ribs. All were reported as excellent.

The only caution I would want to give readers is that this is not a BYOB restaurant, as are many restaurants in New Jersey. The restaurant's wine list is large and not inexpensive. Ordering wine, which we did, added a significant cost to the final bill. We paid about 140 per couple. Without the cost of the wine (and tax/tip added to it), the bill would have been about 105 a couple. That is significant if one eats out a great deal.

1  Thank Dennis D

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have been going to this place for over 10 years and the quality of food and service are always superb. The bread they put on the table is warm and delicious and what follows is even better. They have a large wine list and offer the option of a wine flight (three small glasses, so you can try 3 different wines). The food is exceptional, my favorite is their potato encrusted red snapper (one of the best fish dishes I have ever had). Just be aware that they only have valet parking and I recommend making a reservation in advance.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We made a very spontaneous stop at La Griglia after a funeral. The staff was extremely accommodating for our party of 13 with very short notice. The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful. I would definitely recommend eating here.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place is always top notch. A little pricey but worth it. Their chops, veal, and especially seafood are out of this world. I once went with a pary of 12 and all 12 entrees were spectaculiar.

Great service, you'll have 3 or 4 guys swarming your table at all times picking up.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

2 complaints: restaurant was freezing and vallet parking with empty lot next to door is stupid. Food was great. I enjoyed my salad. Staff was good. I would return.