“Always a winner”

Jefferson Diner
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jefferson Diner is the place where friends and family come together. Our menu is quite diverse. Everything at Jefferson Diner is a favorite, from the Moussaka and Spanakopita to the Lobster Bisque and our daily specials, you cannot go wrong. You can also pair your delicious meal with a glass of wine, beer or cocktail from our full bar.Jefferson Diner has been on the Food Network's "Diners-Drive-Ins and Dives" with Guy Fieri, The Food Network's "Unwrapped", with Marc Summers, TLC "Making Over America", with Trinny and Susannah, The Today Show, Fox 5 News, and has been voted #1 Diner in Morris County for 7 years. Jefferson Diner has also been named a Top 5 Diner in New Jersey by The Star Ledger, Munchmobile.By bringing our creativity and passion onto our plates, we strive to satisfy each and every customer that comes through our doors. We have a quiet, comfortable and clean environment in our restaurant as well as staff that is attentive to your needs. At Jefferson Diner, we eagerly await to serve you.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Jefferson Diner is right there with the pantheon of great New Jersey Diners. Always clean, and bright and friendly. The menu is classic.....you could read it for ten minutes before deciding what to get. I tend to have breakfast here more often than any other meal, and it is always excellent, with a large selection from which to choose. Over the years, the diner has expanded, and been re-designed, but has never lost it's touch. From the moment you arrive you are greeted warmly, and the service continues right to the end of your meal. The Food Network has featured them a few times, and their acclaim is well deserved. You always see a member of the family on hand, which may be the biggest reason that service and quality is never lacking. If you want a genuine New Jersey diner experience, the Jefferson Diner is where you should go......

food7, Owner at Jefferson Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

You've made our day. Thanks for spreading the word about our place! We've work hard to offer good tasting food in a comfortable environment, so it feels great to hear that it's a appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I eat here all the time and I just have to say that it truly is one of the best breakfast meals I ever had!! I had The Baker's Pancakes, they had Peanut butter morsels, and Bananas, they were excellent. Also complimentary you get a muffin which the server "Monique" told me they make in house from the bakery!! You also get a complimentary slice of cantaloupe with breakfast. Great coffee, just a pleasure!! worth it.... :)

1  Thank Alex T
food7, Owner at Jefferson Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thanks for spreading the good word about our place on Tripadvisor, too. It's always good to hear back form our regular customers! We're looking forward to having you back for many more tasty breakfasts. See you next time, Alex!

Best,

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

A good diner the service is usually friendly the meals are good and come quickly but the downfall is it is expensive for a diner. It could be because of the publicity it gets. It is a good meal but overrated for being on tv shows.

food7, Owner at Jefferson Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

We keep our price points proportionate to the quality of ingredients we use. Thanks for reaching out to us though, Ben. We hope that you're able to join us for a good meal again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We have visited Jefferson Diner many times, and always enjoy the experience. The atmosphere is a bustling diner, and you are wow'ed by the amazing, enormous desserts on display right at the entrance. We've never been when it's empty -- it's always full -- but we can normally get a table quickly and the staff certainly hustles to serve, clear, etc.

The menu choices are vast and you will need lots of time to make a selection. We think the variety and quality of food is very good. I am particularly partial to the trio of fruit pancakes -- banana, strawberry, and blueberry. My mother loves the Russian panini.

I agree with some other reviewers that the breakfast is slightly overpriced. Few of the offerings come with meat. We ordered a side of bacon for $3.99, and it came with about 4 and a half pieces, which really wasn't enough to share across a family. I think the owners should reconsider breakfast sets, where you can get pancakes + meat or waffles + meat, or else lower the price of the sides.

The desserts, as mentioned above, are wonderful. The strawberry cheesecake is a work of art, and definitely of the size to share. I think desserts and coffee are worth a trip by themselves!

We would recommend visiting the restaurant for the overall experience.

1  Thank tangek
food7, Owner at Jefferson Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

We really appreciate this kind of feedback. Thanks! That's a great tip on the reconsidering some of our breakfast set options. We're always willing to mix things up when it makes sense, so we'll see what we can do.

It sounds like you guys have had some enjoyable times over here, though, which is great to hear. We hope to be seeing you back at our place for some good food again down the lone!

All the best,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had heard of this place from the show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and I just happened to be in town for work and was excited that I'd get to go check it out... After an adventure to a movie, I traveled over an hour in the rain, on strange roads, in an awful rental car to find this little gem. SO glad I did!! I ordered the Forest Nymph drink, waffle fries and the famous Moussaka, which came with a phenomenal Greek Salad. When I say I almost fell out when I put the moussaka in my mouth.. it is the truth. It was absolutely fantabulous! It was like a mix of shepards pie (the topping tastes and feels similar to the topping on a shepards pie) and lasagna with eggplant. I got to meet one of the owners who happened to be going around visiting customers at their tables. The decor is a slamming retro diner style with lots of chrome and neon lights. The prices were good and the reheat value of the meal was almost as good as when it was first brought out. This place is an 11. Love it!

1  Thank mommashine
food7, Owner at Jefferson Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for your enthusiasm and kind words! We love hearing back from our customers, and it's great to know that you enjoyed everything. If you ever find yourself back in the area, we hope you think of us.

Take care,